Neal Pollack is dead. And Neal Pollack killed him, but probably just for now. This time, the author’s fictional namesake surfaces as a dead rock critic – or, as his pompous rival-turned-biographer Paul St. Pierre calls him, ”the living, breathing essence of America’s music, its dark Baudelaire Rimbaud genius, its Celine, its Brecht.” Pollack the character has a Zelig-like (or is it Forrest Gump-y?) knack for showing up for great moments in rock – and a talent for getting kicked in the teeth once they happen. Conduit or parasite, he’s a handy delivery system for Pollack the author’s brief history of modern music. This lively but mortally attenuated in-joke will likely be lost on all but the most scholarly of music geeks.
Never Mind the Pollacks Neal Pollack is dead. And Neal Pollack killed him, but probably just for now. This time, the author's fictional namesake surfaces as a dead rock...Never Mind the PollacksFictionNeal Pollack Neal Pollack is dead. And Neal Pollack killed him, but probably just for now. This time, the author's fictional namesake surfaces as a dead rock...2003-10-03
Genre: Fiction; Author: Neal Pollack
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!