If you’re looking for an introduction to Japanese animation, you could do far, far worse than this, one of the top 10 anime films ever made. Directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri (”The Animatrix”), ”Scroll” is an anime sampler platter: It’s bloody, beautiful, and full of mystical intrigue, edgy sex, and wacky midgets. The plot is, as usual, the least of the movie’s virtues; something about a lone, 17th-century warrior named Jubei who’s got to face down a demonic posse to find… something important. No matter – the action is astounding and the craft is astonishing. EXTRAS Skip the tedious subtitled interview with Kawajiri and the talk with the voice actors, and take a look at ”The Historical Jubei,” a text supplement that offers some insight into the real-life character.
Ninja Scroll: 10th Anniversary Special Edition If you're looking for an introduction to Japanese animation, you could do far, far worse than this, one of the top 10 anime films ever made. Directed...Ninja Scroll: 10th Anniversary Special EditionAnimationUnrated If you're looking for an introduction to Japanese animation, you could do far, far worse than this, one of the top 10 anime films ever made. Directed...2003-10-03
Genre: Animation; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!