Perched on the brink of a fantasy world, thanks to her consuming crush on movie stud Michael DeSantis (Sex and the City’s Noth), headstrong high school grad Gilda (Pratt) topples over after her beloved pa-pa dies. More confused than ever, she sets off to stalk her star man. Fresh-faced Pratt captivates, but parts of writer-director Myra Paci’s artfully lensed, semiautobiographical indie – particularly, the stilted dialogue and Gilda’s freaky meltdown with DeSantis – make the film’s notable teen angst feel more like teen exaggeration. EXTRAS A scene workshopped at Sundance Filmmaker’s Lab in 1998 shows how far Paci’s love letter to her late father has come. But both her ”Afterthought” and commentary track frustratingly refuse to reveal the identity of the hot actor she chased in real life.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Chris Noth, Susan May Pratt, Jeremy Davies, John Pierson, Michele Placido, Josef Sommer; Director: Myra Paci; Author: Myra Paci; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters