The 10th tale about the dour Baudelaire orphans is as delightfully dark as ever. And like a certain best-selling boy wizard’s saga, the newest chapter in ”A Series of Unfortunate Events” grows ever more entangled in clandestine groups and plots. Will Violet and Klaus rescue baby sister Sunny from longtime nemesis Count Olaf? Will they get to the bottom of the underground society they know only as VFD? (Vertical Flame Diversion? Very Fresh Dill?) Will they ever find a trustworthy adult who stays alive? Who cares? Half the fun of Snicket’s books springs from his acerbic voice, spouting odd aphorisms: ”Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.” Boy-wizard books should have so much style.
The Slippery Slope The 10th tale about the dour Baudelaire orphans is as delightfully dark as ever. And like a certain best-selling boy wizard's saga, the newest chapter...The Slippery SlopeFiction The 10th tale about the dour Baudelaire orphans is as delightfully dark as ever. And like a certain best-selling boy wizard's saga, the newest chapter...2003-10-03
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Donald Trump thanks police, attacks 'Crooked Hillary' in Reddit AMA
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels