The 10th tale about the dour Baudelaire orphans is as delightfully dark as ever. And like a certain best-selling boy wizard’s saga, the newest chapter in ”A Series of Unfortunate Events” grows ever more entangled in clandestine groups and plots. Will Violet and Klaus rescue baby sister Sunny from longtime nemesis Count Olaf? Will they get to the bottom of the underground society they know only as VFD? (Vertical Flame Diversion? Very Fresh Dill?) Will they ever find a trustworthy adult who stays alive? Who cares? Half the fun of Snicket’s books springs from his acerbic voice, spouting odd aphorisms: ”Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.” Boy-wizard books should have so much style.
The Slippery Slope The 10th tale about the dour Baudelaire orphans is as delightfully dark as ever. And like a certain best-selling boy wizard's saga, the newest chapter...The Slippery SlopeFiction The 10th tale about the dour Baudelaire orphans is as delightfully dark as ever. And like a certain best-selling boy wizard's saga, the newest chapter...2003-10-03
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday