Somewhere between ”turnaround” and ”shelved” is apparently a new form of purgatory known as ”hiatus.” That’s how Dimension is explaining the state of Wes Craven’s werewolf thriller ”Cursed”, which was shut down in July after four months of filming. ”Basically, we wanted a better third act,” says Craven, the horror maven behind Dimension’s Scream franchise. ”And we’re going to update the script based on things we learned [about werewolf effects] using the combination of CGI and a physical werewolf by Rick Baker. There will be a fair amount of reshooting.” Craven hopes that the film, which original scribe Kevin Williamson is rewriting, will start again in October, with the reunited cast of Christina Ricci, Skeet Ulrich, Shannon Elizabeth, Omar Epps, and Scott Foley finishing up mid-January. – Rebecca Ascher-Walsh
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Watch Coldplay's hilarious 'Game of Thrones' musical
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!