Somewhere between ”turnaround” and ”shelved” is apparently a new form of purgatory known as ”hiatus.” That’s how Dimension is explaining the state of Wes Craven’s werewolf thriller ”Cursed”, which was shut down in July after four months of filming. ”Basically, we wanted a better third act,” says Craven, the horror maven behind Dimension’s Scream franchise. ”And we’re going to update the script based on things we learned [about werewolf effects] using the combination of CGI and a physical werewolf by Rick Baker. There will be a fair amount of reshooting.” Craven hopes that the film, which original scribe Kevin Williamson is rewriting, will start again in October, with the reunited cast of Christina Ricci, Skeet Ulrich, Shannon Elizabeth, Omar Epps, and Scott Foley finishing up mid-January. – Rebecca Ascher-Walsh
Posted October 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!