Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male – just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the stutter plus some hair on his chest). A calligrapher by trade, Jasper is in the midst of a transcription of John Donne’s love poems when he meets Madeleine, the inevitable woman of all love stories, the one who will either save him from himself…or destroy him. While the ending isn’t as strong as the rest of the novel (Docx suddenly decides to wrap up with a bang, bang! that isn’t necessary), the rest is pure delight.
The Calligrapher Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...The CalligrapherFictionEdward Docx Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...2003-10-10
Genre: Fiction; Author: Edward Docx
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!