Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male – just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the stutter plus some hair on his chest). A calligrapher by trade, Jasper is in the midst of a transcription of John Donne’s love poems when he meets Madeleine, the inevitable woman of all love stories, the one who will either save him from himself…or destroy him. While the ending isn’t as strong as the rest of the novel (Docx suddenly decides to wrap up with a bang, bang! that isn’t necessary), the rest is pure delight.
The Calligrapher Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...The CalligrapherFictionEdward Docx Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...2003-10-10
Genre: Fiction; Author: Edward Docx
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' actress Maisie Williams going to 'Doctor Who'
- Exclusive: Flo Rida drops breezy, Robin Thicke-featuring "I Don't Like It, I Love It"
- Justin Timberlake pretends to pull a Kanye on Taylor Swift at iHeartRadio Awards
- 'Jurassic World' TV spot: Making new dinos is still a bad idea
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015: Our 5 favorite moments
- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart as 'Daily Show' host
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!