Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male – just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the stutter plus some hair on his chest). A calligrapher by trade, Jasper is in the midst of a transcription of John Donne’s love poems when he meets Madeleine, the inevitable woman of all love stories, the one who will either save him from himself…or destroy him. While the ending isn’t as strong as the rest of the novel (Docx suddenly decides to wrap up with a bang, bang! that isn’t necessary), the rest is pure delight.
The Calligrapher Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...The CalligrapherFictionEdward Docx Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...2003-10-10
Genre: Fiction; Author: Edward Docx
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!