Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male – just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the stutter plus some hair on his chest). A calligrapher by trade, Jasper is in the midst of a transcription of John Donne’s love poems when he meets Madeleine, the inevitable woman of all love stories, the one who will either save him from himself…or destroy him. While the ending isn’t as strong as the rest of the novel (Docx suddenly decides to wrap up with a bang, bang! that isn’t necessary), the rest is pure delight.
The Calligrapher Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...The CalligrapherFictionEdward Docx Jasper is no more a cad than the average single 29-year-old male -- just far more honest and far more hilarious than most (think Hugh Grant minus the...2003-10-10
Genre: Fiction; Author: Edward Docx
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Domhnall Gleeson talks 'Star Wars' while playing 'Star Wars'
- Match these 'Star Wars' characters with their home worlds
- Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: How 'Avengers' and 'X-Men' introduced the same character differently
- Chris Brown a suspect in Vegas battery
- 'Scrubs' stars Zach Braff, Donald Faison to appear on 'Undateable'
- Will Poulter cast as Pennywise in Cary Fukunaga's 'It'
- Jimmy Fallon and Blur sing 'Tender' and it's, well, tender
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!