‘Fro and behold! Production on the sequel to last year’s $76 million hit locked last month, with the MGM comedy ‘do out February 2004. Want highlights? Most of the original cast members – Ice Cube, Eve, Cedric the Entertainer – return, with a new director, ”How Stella Got Her Groove Back”’s Kevin Rodney Sullivan. (”Barbershop” helmer Tim Story is busy working on another project.) Now the gang takes on ”the good and bad of gentrification,” Ice Cube tells EW, as his business is threatened by an upscale salon chain that’s moved into the hood. If that plot sounds as stiff as a blast of Aqua Net, fear not: Cedric guarantees they haven’t trimmed back on laughs – or controversy. This time around, he’ll knock ”Bush, Trent Lott, the war,” says the Entertainer. ”Basically, I’m filibustering.”
(Barbershop: Tracy Bennett)
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!