‘Fro and behold! Production on the sequel to last year’s $76 million hit locked last month, with the MGM comedy ‘do out February 2004. Want highlights? Most of the original cast members – Ice Cube, Eve, Cedric the Entertainer – return, with a new director, ”How Stella Got Her Groove Back”’s Kevin Rodney Sullivan. (”Barbershop” helmer Tim Story is busy working on another project.) Now the gang takes on ”the good and bad of gentrification,” Ice Cube tells EW, as his business is threatened by an upscale salon chain that’s moved into the hood. If that plot sounds as stiff as a blast of Aqua Net, fear not: Cedric guarantees they haven’t trimmed back on laughs – or controversy. This time around, he’ll knock ”Bush, Trent Lott, the war,” says the Entertainer. ”Basically, I’m filibustering.”
(Barbershop: Tracy Bennett)
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt