‘Fro and behold! Production on the sequel to last year’s $76 million hit locked last month, with the MGM comedy ‘do out February 2004. Want highlights? Most of the original cast members – Ice Cube, Eve, Cedric the Entertainer – return, with a new director, ”How Stella Got Her Groove Back”’s Kevin Rodney Sullivan. (”Barbershop” helmer Tim Story is busy working on another project.) Now the gang takes on ”the good and bad of gentrification,” Ice Cube tells EW, as his business is threatened by an upscale salon chain that’s moved into the hood. If that plot sounds as stiff as a blast of Aqua Net, fear not: Cedric guarantees they haven’t trimmed back on laughs – or controversy. This time around, he’ll knock ”Bush, Trent Lott, the war,” says the Entertainer. ”Basically, I’m filibustering.”
(Barbershop: Tracy Bennett)
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Run the Jewels release 360-degree 'Crown' video
- 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens' announces celebrity cameos
- See Gosling and Crowe in exclusive Mondo poster for 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Star Wars' actor John Boyega lands first major theater role
- Woody Allen first saw Miley Cyrus in 'Hannah Montana'
- Seth Rogen on 'Superbad': Some jokes were 'blatantly homophobic'
- Prince looked into drug addiction treatment ahead of death: report