‘Fro and behold! Production on the sequel to last year’s $76 million hit locked last month, with the MGM comedy ‘do out February 2004. Want highlights? Most of the original cast members – Ice Cube, Eve, Cedric the Entertainer – return, with a new director, ”How Stella Got Her Groove Back”’s Kevin Rodney Sullivan. (”Barbershop” helmer Tim Story is busy working on another project.) Now the gang takes on ”the good and bad of gentrification,” Ice Cube tells EW, as his business is threatened by an upscale salon chain that’s moved into the hood. If that plot sounds as stiff as a blast of Aqua Net, fear not: Cedric guarantees they haven’t trimmed back on laughs – or controversy. This time around, he’ll knock ”Bush, Trent Lott, the war,” says the Entertainer. ”Basically, I’m filibustering.”
(Barbershop: Tracy Bennett)
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- Jay Leno to 'sub in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'The Tonight Show' monologue
- Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin to guest on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- See Blake Lively's audition for 'Gossip Girl'