‘Fro and behold! Production on the sequel to last year’s $76 million hit locked last month, with the MGM comedy ‘do out February 2004. Want highlights? Most of the original cast members – Ice Cube, Eve, Cedric the Entertainer – return, with a new director, ”How Stella Got Her Groove Back”’s Kevin Rodney Sullivan. (”Barbershop” helmer Tim Story is busy working on another project.) Now the gang takes on ”the good and bad of gentrification,” Ice Cube tells EW, as his business is threatened by an upscale salon chain that’s moved into the hood. If that plot sounds as stiff as a blast of Aqua Net, fear not: Cedric guarantees they haven’t trimmed back on laughs – or controversy. This time around, he’ll knock ”Bush, Trent Lott, the war,” says the Entertainer. ”Basically, I’m filibustering.”
(Barbershop: Tracy Bennett)
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!