‘Fro and behold! Production on the sequel to last year’s $76 million hit locked last month, with the MGM comedy ‘do out February 2004. Want highlights? Most of the original cast members – Ice Cube, Eve, Cedric the Entertainer – return, with a new director, ”How Stella Got Her Groove Back”’s Kevin Rodney Sullivan. (”Barbershop” helmer Tim Story is busy working on another project.) Now the gang takes on ”the good and bad of gentrification,” Ice Cube tells EW, as his business is threatened by an upscale salon chain that’s moved into the hood. If that plot sounds as stiff as a blast of Aqua Net, fear not: Cedric guarantees they haven’t trimmed back on laughs – or controversy. This time around, he’ll knock ”Bush, Trent Lott, the war,” says the Entertainer. ”Basically, I’m filibustering.”
(Barbershop: Tracy Bennett)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Netflix releases trailer for 'The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir' documentary
- Samantha Bee debriefs about The Daily Show, her new TBS comedy, and her soul
- Lifetime launches initiative to promote women in the entertainment industry
- Khloe Kardashian confirms Kylie Jenner had some help with those plump lips
- 'Bones' preview: 'They could be executing an innocent man'
- Sony orders second season of 'Powers'
- 'I Am Big Bird' directors on how the film became a love story: Watch an exclusive clip
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!