The message boards are rocking. Does Kyle Gass, half of cheerfully demented music duo Tenacious D, make a cameo in pal Jack Black’s ”School of Rock,” like he did in ”Shallow Hal,” ”Saving Silverman,” and ”Bongwater”? ”No, he did not appear in the film, and I know it’s going to cause a stir,” laughs Black. ”But there wasn’t any really good part for him. I guess he could have been one of the teachers with, like, one line, but that wouldn’t have been cool.” Better to save the juice for their quest comedy ”Tenacious D in ‘The Pick of Destiny,”’ which the duo plans to start shooting in January (Liam Lynch will direct). In the meantime, Gass is down with Black’s solo on-screen antics: ”Obviously they took a lot from Tenacious D, and didn’t give me credit, but, you know…” Ooh, tension in the band. (Additional reporting by Adam B. Vary)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- See the exclusive trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile documentary, 'An Open Secret'
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!