The message boards are rocking. Does Kyle Gass, half of cheerfully demented music duo Tenacious D, make a cameo in pal Jack Black’s ”School of Rock,” like he did in ”Shallow Hal,” ”Saving Silverman,” and ”Bongwater”? ”No, he did not appear in the film, and I know it’s going to cause a stir,” laughs Black. ”But there wasn’t any really good part for him. I guess he could have been one of the teachers with, like, one line, but that wouldn’t have been cool.” Better to save the juice for their quest comedy ”Tenacious D in ‘The Pick of Destiny,”’ which the duo plans to start shooting in January (Liam Lynch will direct). In the meantime, Gass is down with Black’s solo on-screen antics: ”Obviously they took a lot from Tenacious D, and didn’t give me credit, but, you know…” Ooh, tension in the band. (Additional reporting by Adam B. Vary)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!