”The only person who sees dead people is Haley Joely Osmond, or whatever his name is,” Mark Underhill’s best friend tells him, but that doesn’t stop 15-year-old Mark from poking around a spooky abandoned building in search of spirits who might explain his mother’s suicide. Straub’s first novel since ”Black House,” his brilliant 2001 collaboration with Stephen King, freshens shopworn horror elements – an undead young girl, a haunted house, a serial killer – with an inventive structure (incorporating e-mails and journal entries), masterfully fleshed-out characters, and real emotional content. As a result, ”lost boy lost girl” proves much more than just a ghost story: Straub puts the natural back in supernatural.
Lost Boy Lost Girl ''The only person who sees dead people is Haley Joely Osmond, or whatever his name is,'' Mark Underhill's best friend tells him, but that doesn't stop...Lost Boy Lost GirlHorrorPeter Straub ''The only person who sees dead people is Haley Joely Osmond, or whatever his name is,'' Mark Underhill's best friend tells him, but that doesn't stop...2003-10-10
Genre: Horror; Author: Peter Straub
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!