A great, funny, joyous rock & roll fable. Jack Black reaches deep inside his headbanging self to play Dewey Finn, a slacker musician who takes over a class of fifth graders. Dewey is a relic, but a relic who believes in rock, and the kids are such straitlaced overachievers that yesterday’s cornball rebel message comes full circle to meet them.
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Jack Black, Joan Cusack, Sarah Silverman, Mike White (Director); Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Mike White (Director); Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!