A great, funny, joyous rock & roll fable. Jack Black reaches deep inside his headbanging self to play Dewey Finn, a slacker musician who takes over a class of fifth graders. Dewey is a relic, but a relic who believes in rock, and the kids are such straitlaced overachievers that yesterday’s cornball rebel message comes full circle to meet them.
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Jack Black, Joan Cusack, Sarah Silverman, Mike White (Director); Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Mike White (Director); Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Joss Whedon discusses 'unpleasantness' with Marvel, his thwarted hopes for Spider-Man in 'Age of Ultron'
- Zayn-less One Direction to appear on 'Late Late Show' May 14
- 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' renewed for fifth season
- Karen O honors journalist Nellie Bly with an original song
- Sam Smith cancels Tokyo, Manila tour dates
- Watch Vance Joy cover Taylor Swift's 'I Know Places'
- 'Scandal' sneak peek: How far will Olivia go to take down Rowan?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!