A great, funny, joyous rock & roll fable. Jack Black reaches deep inside his headbanging self to play Dewey Finn, a slacker musician who takes over a class of fifth graders. Dewey is a relic, but a relic who believes in rock, and the kids are such straitlaced overachievers that yesterday’s cornball rebel message comes full circle to meet them.
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Jack Black, Joan Cusack, Sarah Silverman, Mike White (Director); Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Mike White (Director); Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Singer-songwriter Robbin Thompson dies at 66
- David Duchovny explains why Mulder is actually the worst FBI agent ever
- What's the word on the return of 'The X-Files'?
- 'Teen Wolf' cast teases new big bad at New York Comic Con
- What we learned from the 'Shadowhunters' panel at Comic-Con
- Vin Diesel shares the tragic reason why he takes stunts so seriously
- Bryan Cranston wants to play a ‘nasty’ Marvel villain