A great, funny, joyous rock & roll fable. Jack Black reaches deep inside his headbanging self to play Dewey Finn, a slacker musician who takes over a class of fifth graders. Dewey is a relic, but a relic who believes in rock, and the kids are such straitlaced overachievers that yesterday’s cornball rebel message comes full circle to meet them.
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Jack Black, Joan Cusack, Sarah Silverman, Mike White (Director); Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Mike White (Director); Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gordon Ramsay launching live cooking competition show on Fox
- Zac Efron bringing Wall Street story 'Straight to Hell' to big screen
- Julia Roberts, Lin-Manuel Miranda lead Hillary Clinton benefit show
- 'Saturday Night Live': Relive 42 years of auditions
- John Green, Veronica Roth among YA authors sharing first vote stories
- Can 'Allied' survive the Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie breakup?
- How Paul Thomas Anderson's 'The Master' inspired the 'Exorcist' TV show