A great, funny, joyous rock & roll fable. Jack Black reaches deep inside his headbanging self to play Dewey Finn, a slacker musician who takes over a class of fifth graders. Dewey is a relic, but a relic who believes in rock, and the kids are such straitlaced overachievers that yesterday’s cornball rebel message comes full circle to meet them.
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Jack Black, Joan Cusack, Sarah Silverman, Mike White (Director); Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Mike White (Director); Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney in London to play a Beatles classic: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- John Nash, 'A Beautiful Mind' subject, dies
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!