The Fab 5 are emulating their Friends. Now that Bravo’s negotiating for 40 more episodes of ”Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,” sources say makeover mavens Carson Kressley, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriguez, Thom Filicia, and Kyan Douglas are angling for a pay hike together (each now earns just $3,000 an episode). That could be good news to Bravo: The cabler can base the collective salary on the least valuable player (hello, Jai!) – just like Warner Bros. TV did when the Friends banded together for third-year bumps. Reflects one former WBTV suit: ”If Jennifer Aniston had come in on her own and Matt LeBlanc on his own, the deal would have been radically different. It’s bargaining power.” But with $10K an episode the likely outcome for each of the Fab 5, perhaps pride among his ”Queer” peers is more important to Carson – the show’s real breakout star – than a higher salary.
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The 'Sherlock' Christmas special trailer is here!
- 'Old Yeller' actor Kevin Corcoran dies at 66
- Lance Bass says someone 'inappropriately' touched him during early *NSYNC days
- Tom Petty addresses past heroin addiction in new biography
- 'Chicago Med' adds 'Alias' alum
- Introducing Spot, EW's new commenting platform
- Woody Allen is going digital for his next film