The Fab 5 are emulating their Friends. Now that Bravo’s negotiating for 40 more episodes of ”Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,” sources say makeover mavens Carson Kressley, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriguez, Thom Filicia, and Kyan Douglas are angling for a pay hike together (each now earns just $3,000 an episode). That could be good news to Bravo: The cabler can base the collective salary on the least valuable player (hello, Jai!) – just like Warner Bros. TV did when the Friends banded together for third-year bumps. Reflects one former WBTV suit: ”If Jennifer Aniston had come in on her own and Matt LeBlanc on his own, the deal would have been radically different. It’s bargaining power.” But with $10K an episode the likely outcome for each of the Fab 5, perhaps pride among his ”Queer” peers is more important to Carson – the show’s real breakout star – than a higher salary.
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!