The Fab 5 are emulating their Friends. Now that Bravo’s negotiating for 40 more episodes of ”Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,” sources say makeover mavens Carson Kressley, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriguez, Thom Filicia, and Kyan Douglas are angling for a pay hike together (each now earns just $3,000 an episode). That could be good news to Bravo: The cabler can base the collective salary on the least valuable player (hello, Jai!) – just like Warner Bros. TV did when the Friends banded together for third-year bumps. Reflects one former WBTV suit: ”If Jennifer Aniston had come in on her own and Matt LeBlanc on his own, the deal would have been radically different. It’s bargaining power.” But with $10K an episode the likely outcome for each of the Fab 5, perhaps pride among his ”Queer” peers is more important to Carson – the show’s real breakout star – than a higher salary.
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!