The Fab 5 are emulating their Friends. Now that Bravo’s negotiating for 40 more episodes of ”Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,” sources say makeover mavens Carson Kressley, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriguez, Thom Filicia, and Kyan Douglas are angling for a pay hike together (each now earns just $3,000 an episode). That could be good news to Bravo: The cabler can base the collective salary on the least valuable player (hello, Jai!) – just like Warner Bros. TV did when the Friends banded together for third-year bumps. Reflects one former WBTV suit: ”If Jennifer Aniston had come in on her own and Matt LeBlanc on his own, the deal would have been radically different. It’s bargaining power.” But with $10K an episode the likely outcome for each of the Fab 5, perhaps pride among his ”Queer” peers is more important to Carson – the show’s real breakout star – than a higher salary.
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney in London to play a Beatles classic: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- John Nash, 'A Beautiful Mind' subject, dies
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!