The Fab 5 are emulating their Friends. Now that Bravo’s negotiating for 40 more episodes of ”Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,” sources say makeover mavens Carson Kressley, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriguez, Thom Filicia, and Kyan Douglas are angling for a pay hike together (each now earns just $3,000 an episode). That could be good news to Bravo: The cabler can base the collective salary on the least valuable player (hello, Jai!) – just like Warner Bros. TV did when the Friends banded together for third-year bumps. Reflects one former WBTV suit: ”If Jennifer Aniston had come in on her own and Matt LeBlanc on his own, the deal would have been radically different. It’s bargaining power.” But with $10K an episode the likely outcome for each of the Fab 5, perhaps pride among his ”Queer” peers is more important to Carson – the show’s real breakout star – than a higher salary.
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' might have discovered earlier than reported
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season finale
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'