It’s one of those casting choices that beg only one question: Why didn’t someone think of this before? In Willard living waxwork Crispin Glover (”Back to the Future”) takes to the role of rat-loving loser Willard like a rat to rat-nip – by himself, he’s this remake’s raison d’etre. The movie’s pretty good too. Writer-director Glen Morgan (”The X-Files”) gleefully shuttles Willard between ”healthy” self-possession (represented by the diplomatic rat Socrates) and vengeful psychosis (Ben, a big critter with even bigger stage presence). EXTRAS If it’s a descent into madness you’re looking for, try Glover’s ”Ben” music video – with Glover’s commentary on.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'