It’s one of those casting choices that beg only one question: Why didn’t someone think of this before? In Willard living waxwork Crispin Glover (”Back to the Future”) takes to the role of rat-loving loser Willard like a rat to rat-nip – by himself, he’s this remake’s raison d’etre. The movie’s pretty good too. Writer-director Glen Morgan (”The X-Files”) gleefully shuttles Willard between ”healthy” self-possession (represented by the diplomatic rat Socrates) and vengeful psychosis (Ben, a big critter with even bigger stage presence). EXTRAS If it’s a descent into madness you’re looking for, try Glover’s ”Ben” music video – with Glover’s commentary on.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters