It’s one of those casting choices that beg only one question: Why didn’t someone think of this before? In Willard living waxwork Crispin Glover (”Back to the Future”) takes to the role of rat-loving loser Willard like a rat to rat-nip – by himself, he’s this remake’s raison d’etre. The movie’s pretty good too. Writer-director Glen Morgan (”The X-Files”) gleefully shuttles Willard between ”healthy” self-possession (represented by the diplomatic rat Socrates) and vengeful psychosis (Ben, a big critter with even bigger stage presence). EXTRAS If it’s a descent into madness you’re looking for, try Glover’s ”Ben” music video – with Glover’s commentary on.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!