It’s one of those casting choices that beg only one question: Why didn’t someone think of this before? In Willard living waxwork Crispin Glover (”Back to the Future”) takes to the role of rat-loving loser Willard like a rat to rat-nip – by himself, he’s this remake’s raison d’etre. The movie’s pretty good too. Writer-director Glen Morgan (”The X-Files”) gleefully shuttles Willard between ”healthy” self-possession (represented by the diplomatic rat Socrates) and vengeful psychosis (Ben, a big critter with even bigger stage presence). EXTRAS If it’s a descent into madness you’re looking for, try Glover’s ”Ben” music video – with Glover’s commentary on.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted October 10 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Coach Taylor wants you to 'turn your goddamn cell phones off' in new PSA
- 'The Astronaut Wives Club' postmortem: Haley Strode reflects on all of those astronaut deaths
- All hail Jeremy Renner, Setup Man
- Disclosure reveal Miguel, The Weeknd and rest of CARACAL track list
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen addresses the rampant throwing of challenges
- See a NSFW outtake reel from 'Trainwreck'
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'OITNB,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Big Bang' and more
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!