You are getting sleepy… at the count of three, you will go buy tickets to Jim Carrey’s next movie… and you will tell all your friends to go, too… At least, that’s how Carrey hopes it will work. Variety reports that he’s attached to star in ”The Hypnotist,” a romantic comedy for Revolution Studios. He’ll play a world-renowned mesmerist who isn’t nearly as commanding offstage. When he loses his gifts, he’s forced to woo a woman using only ordinary powers of persuasion in order to get them back. Sounds tough, but for a guy who enjoyed God-like omnipotence in his last movie, becoming a hypnotist should be a snap.
Posted October 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies