You are getting sleepy… at the count of three, you will go buy tickets to Jim Carrey’s next movie… and you will tell all your friends to go, too… At least, that’s how Carrey hopes it will work. Variety reports that he’s attached to star in ”The Hypnotist,” a romantic comedy for Revolution Studios. He’ll play a world-renowned mesmerist who isn’t nearly as commanding offstage. When he loses his gifts, he’s forced to woo a woman using only ordinary powers of persuasion in order to get them back. Sounds tough, but for a guy who enjoyed God-like omnipotence in his last movie, becoming a hypnotist should be a snap.
Posted October 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Hunter S. Thompson talks outlaws and Hell's Angels in new 'Blank on Blank' clip
- Get a first look at NBC’s new thriller 'Blindspot'
- Little Mix give Whitney Houston and Jason Derulo an awesome gospel-style mash up
- Tig Notaro joins Twitter ahead of HBO special premiere
- Get an exclusive look at 'Young & Hungry's' summer premiere
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!