You are getting sleepy… at the count of three, you will go buy tickets to Jim Carrey’s next movie… and you will tell all your friends to go, too… At least, that’s how Carrey hopes it will work. Variety reports that he’s attached to star in ”The Hypnotist,” a romantic comedy for Revolution Studios. He’ll play a world-renowned mesmerist who isn’t nearly as commanding offstage. When he loses his gifts, he’s forced to woo a woman using only ordinary powers of persuasion in order to get them back. Sounds tough, but for a guy who enjoyed God-like omnipotence in his last movie, becoming a hypnotist should be a snap.
Posted October 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!