You are getting sleepy… at the count of three, you will go buy tickets to Jim Carrey’s next movie… and you will tell all your friends to go, too… At least, that’s how Carrey hopes it will work. Variety reports that he’s attached to star in ”The Hypnotist,” a romantic comedy for Revolution Studios. He’ll play a world-renowned mesmerist who isn’t nearly as commanding offstage. When he loses his gifts, he’s forced to woo a woman using only ordinary powers of persuasion in order to get them back. Sounds tough, but for a guy who enjoyed God-like omnipotence in his last movie, becoming a hypnotist should be a snap.
Posted October 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment