What is it? The show lets viewers vote on cartoons they want to see, interspersing them with sketch comedy and celeb chats conducted in front of an audience by twentysomething hottie hosts Candace Bailey and Brent Popolizio. Why We Watch It’s easy to dismiss this as ”TRL” for tweens, but it’s closer to ”Saturday Night Live,” and more fun than both. The humor can be messy (cream pies and slime abound) and absurd (a guy in a cow costume does a deadpan interview with Brad Pitt). But the hosts are naturals: ”Am I insulting myself to say I get down on kids’ level easily?” says Popolizio, 28. And in a true TV rarity, the guests – including Jack Black and Adam Sandler – seem to have a blast. Says Survivor host and two-time visitor Jeff Probst: ”When you leave, you’re like, ‘Can we do some more?”’ – Jennifer Armstrong
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!