What is it? The show lets viewers vote on cartoons they want to see, interspersing them with sketch comedy and celeb chats conducted in front of an audience by twentysomething hottie hosts Candace Bailey and Brent Popolizio. Why We Watch It’s easy to dismiss this as ”TRL” for tweens, but it’s closer to ”Saturday Night Live,” and more fun than both. The humor can be messy (cream pies and slime abound) and absurd (a guy in a cow costume does a deadpan interview with Brad Pitt). But the hosts are naturals: ”Am I insulting myself to say I get down on kids’ level easily?” says Popolizio, 28. And in a true TV rarity, the guests – including Jack Black and Adam Sandler – seem to have a blast. Says Survivor host and two-time visitor Jeff Probst: ”When you leave, you’re like, ‘Can we do some more?”’ – Jennifer Armstrong
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Emily Blunt saddles up for 'My Little Pony' movie
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Scandal' star Katie Lowes on THAT sex scene
- Watch Steve Angello's surreal new 'Tiger' video
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Colin Firth and Jude Law craft a classic in 'Genius'
- Ranking the magical elements from 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'The Originals'
- Alison Brie accidentally peed on her vintage 'Mad Men' clothes
- Kanye West: 'I did not diss Taylor Swift'