What is it? The show lets viewers vote on cartoons they want to see, interspersing them with sketch comedy and celeb chats conducted in front of an audience by twentysomething hottie hosts Candace Bailey and Brent Popolizio. Why We Watch It’s easy to dismiss this as ”TRL” for tweens, but it’s closer to ”Saturday Night Live,” and more fun than both. The humor can be messy (cream pies and slime abound) and absurd (a guy in a cow costume does a deadpan interview with Brad Pitt). But the hosts are naturals: ”Am I insulting myself to say I get down on kids’ level easily?” says Popolizio, 28. And in a true TV rarity, the guests – including Jack Black and Adam Sandler – seem to have a blast. Says Survivor host and two-time visitor Jeff Probst: ”When you leave, you’re like, ‘Can we do some more?”’ – Jennifer Armstrong
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Andrew Garfield in Martin Scorsese's 'Silence': EW exclusive First Look
- Was that Bob Dylan on 'Mad Men' last night?
- Mel Gibson talks 'Mad Max' for new Blu-ray release: EW exclusive sneak peek
- 'Tyrant' season 2 trailer: 'Blood guarantees nothing'
- The Chemical Brothers and Q-Tip share 'Go' video, directed by Michel Gondry
- Miley Cyrus & Zoe Kravitz star in explicit Lolawolf video
- 'Mad Men': ACLU backs Joan (in 2015)
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!