Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It’s been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political junkies to brazenly liberal President Kerry Kilcannon with ”No Safe Place.” In this installment, Kilcannon presses for strict gun-control measures after the First Lady’s family is murdered. With his legislative guns blazing, the feisty Chief and his gaggle of Dems embroil themselves in a vicious fight with insidious NRA types and the GOP-controlled Congress. Though the mudslinging and K Street power-brokering shtick sometimes veer into the predictable, the 612-page tome’s oh-so-revealing peek inside the Beltway will leave you lobbying for more.
Balance of Power Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...Balance of PowerMystery and ThrillerRichard North Patterson Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...2003-10-17
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Richard North Patterson
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels