Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It’s been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political junkies to brazenly liberal President Kerry Kilcannon with ”No Safe Place.” In this installment, Kilcannon presses for strict gun-control measures after the First Lady’s family is murdered. With his legislative guns blazing, the feisty Chief and his gaggle of Dems embroil themselves in a vicious fight with insidious NRA types and the GOP-controlled Congress. Though the mudslinging and K Street power-brokering shtick sometimes veer into the predictable, the 612-page tome’s oh-so-revealing peek inside the Beltway will leave you lobbying for more.
Balance of Power Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...Balance of PowerMystery and ThrillerRichard North Patterson Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...2003-10-17
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Richard North Patterson
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- One Direction teases 'different' post-Zayn album
- Jeff Goldblum's back on the set of 'Independence Day 2'
- Amy Schumer takes on Cosby rape allegations
- 'Aloha': Sony defends vs. critics
- Azealia Banks to make feature film debut in RZA's 'Coco'
- Taylor Swift saluted with 8-foot Lego portrait at U.K. resort
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler action figures
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!