Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It’s been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political junkies to brazenly liberal President Kerry Kilcannon with ”No Safe Place.” In this installment, Kilcannon presses for strict gun-control measures after the First Lady’s family is murdered. With his legislative guns blazing, the feisty Chief and his gaggle of Dems embroil themselves in a vicious fight with insidious NRA types and the GOP-controlled Congress. Though the mudslinging and K Street power-brokering shtick sometimes veer into the predictable, the 612-page tome’s oh-so-revealing peek inside the Beltway will leave you lobbying for more.
Balance of Power Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...Balance of PowerMystery and ThrillerRichard North Patterson Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...2003-10-17
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Richard North Patterson
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Warren G bungled 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' at Friday's Cubs game
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- Mario Lopez, Anderson Cooper: Who's replacing Michael Strahan?
- Larry Wilmore gets advice for White House Correspondents' Dinner
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch