Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It’s been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political junkies to brazenly liberal President Kerry Kilcannon with ”No Safe Place.” In this installment, Kilcannon presses for strict gun-control measures after the First Lady’s family is murdered. With his legislative guns blazing, the feisty Chief and his gaggle of Dems embroil themselves in a vicious fight with insidious NRA types and the GOP-controlled Congress. Though the mudslinging and K Street power-brokering shtick sometimes veer into the predictable, the 612-page tome’s oh-so-revealing peek inside the Beltway will leave you lobbying for more.
Balance of Power Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...Balance of PowerMystery and ThrillerRichard North Patterson Oh, what a tangled web of intrigue and deceit Patterson weaves! It's been five years since the best-selling lawyer-author first introduced political...2003-10-17
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Richard North Patterson
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys': Ramse arc 'planned from first minute'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!