The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne has been sporting antennae and a chrome suit lately, but his band’s not ditching psychedelic pop for glam rock. They’re just filming a homemade, predictably loopy sci-fi movie called ”Christmas on Mars.” ”My character, a superbeing from deep space, becomes the Santa Claus of this celebration,” says writer-director Coyne. To ensure a properly ”loud and intense” atmosphere, Coyne says the Lips hope to launch a traveling exhibition of the movie next Christmas: ”You can drink, you can smoke, you can f – - in the back row for all I care.” Now that’s goodwill toward men.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt