The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne has been sporting antennae and a chrome suit lately, but his band’s not ditching psychedelic pop for glam rock. They’re just filming a homemade, predictably loopy sci-fi movie called ”Christmas on Mars.” ”My character, a superbeing from deep space, becomes the Santa Claus of this celebration,” says writer-director Coyne. To ensure a properly ”loud and intense” atmosphere, Coyne says the Lips hope to launch a traveling exhibition of the movie next Christmas: ”You can drink, you can smoke, you can f – - in the back row for all I care.” Now that’s goodwill toward men.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters