The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne has been sporting antennae and a chrome suit lately, but his band’s not ditching psychedelic pop for glam rock. They’re just filming a homemade, predictably loopy sci-fi movie called ”Christmas on Mars.” ”My character, a superbeing from deep space, becomes the Santa Claus of this celebration,” says writer-director Coyne. To ensure a properly ”loud and intense” atmosphere, Coyne says the Lips hope to launch a traveling exhibition of the movie next Christmas: ”You can drink, you can smoke, you can f – - in the back row for all I care.” Now that’s goodwill toward men.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Weeknd ditches his former self in 'Starboy' video
- John Carpenter responds to supposed Rob Zombie feud: 'Let's move on'
- 'Arrow' season 5 trailer assembles new team
- Mindy Kaling, Emma Thompson eye late-night talk show film
- 'This Is Us': Mandy Moore says her favorite episode is still to come
- Dan Brown's 'Origin' gets fall 2017 release date
- Daniel Radcliffe assesses Donald Trump/Voldemort comparison