The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne has been sporting antennae and a chrome suit lately, but his band’s not ditching psychedelic pop for glam rock. They’re just filming a homemade, predictably loopy sci-fi movie called ”Christmas on Mars.” ”My character, a superbeing from deep space, becomes the Santa Claus of this celebration,” says writer-director Coyne. To ensure a properly ”loud and intense” atmosphere, Coyne says the Lips hope to launch a traveling exhibition of the movie next Christmas: ”You can drink, you can smoke, you can f – - in the back row for all I care.” Now that’s goodwill toward men.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elijah Wood was 'floored' by animated film 'The Belladonna of Sadness'
- 5 things to know about the new Han Solo, Alden Ehrenreich
- The Avett Brothers detail new song 'True Sadness'
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler on embracing the times she feels insecure
- 'Degrassi: Next Class': Get a first look at the big reunion
- Deathwatch 2016: Fall TV show survival odds
- Cyndi Lauper explains why she's not boycotting North Carolina