Journalist and Booker Prize nominee Ignatieff (”Scar Tissue”) tells a riveting tale that takes on the prickly ethical issue of when, if ever, a journalist should get involved. The drama centers on the quest of the title character, a seasoned but reckless war correspondent who, after trying to save a local woman set on fire on the Kosovo-Serbia border, becomes obsessed with finding the culprit. The physical details are cinematic in their visceral precision – the burning woman possesses ”a complex aroma of womanhood, sweat, urine and the sweetness of meat.” Ignatieff never rushes, making his deliberate, philosophical way from the adrenaline-surged first chapter to the chilling, poignant conclusion.
Charlie Johnson in the Flames Journalist and Booker Prize nominee Ignatieff (''Scar Tissue'') tells a riveting tale that takes on the prickly ethical issue of when, if ever, a...Charlie Johnson in the FlamesFictionMichael Ignatieff Journalist and Booker Prize nominee Ignatieff (''Scar Tissue'') tells a riveting tale that takes on the prickly ethical issue of when, if ever, a...2003-10-17
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Ignatieff
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'We Are Your Friends' among the top 10 worst wide-release openings in box office history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!