If you’re wowed by the prescience of 1993’s Demolition Man – which mentions a President Arnold Schwarzenegger – consider this: The Chicago Cubs are now facing the Miami-based Florida Marlins in the baseball playoffs – much like an utterly far-out scenario predicted in 1989’s Back to the Future Part II, which had the Cubs winning the World Series over ”Miami.” Too bad no one said anything about the Red Sox.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies
- Adam Levine responds to sick teen's heartwarming Maroon 5 cover
- Tom Cruise addresses 'Top Gun 2' rumors: 'We're trying to figure it out'
- 'The Late Show': Stephen Colbert 'takes it to the streets' for interviews with New Yorkers
- Why David Lynch's 'Eraserhead' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Celebrities pay tribute to late stand-up comedian Kevin Meaney
- Donald Glover's 'Star Wars' casting sparks lively Internet reactions