A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ”Pajamas Harvey”) trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like – well, like a buncha metal-loving dudes messing around in a studio. But leader (and Queens of the Stone Age main man) Josh Homme keeps pretty clever company for a metal-loving dude, and while this is more song-oriented than past stoner-rock Sessions, Harvey’s snake-moan cameos elevate even tossed-off numbers. TAKE THE SKINHEAD BOWLING Queens completists should check bassist Nick Oliveri’s Mondo Generator, whose ”A Drug Problem That Never Existed” (Ipecac) is a slightly more deranged side project.
Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...2003-10-17
Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Ipecac
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Azealia Banks to make feature film debut in RZA's 'Coco'
- Taylor Swift saluted with 8-foot Lego portrait at U.K. resort
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler action figures
- 'Point Break' remake gets its first trailer
- Kris Jenner to trademark 'momager'
- Listen to Juanes go EDM with Cédric Gervais in new song 'Este Amor'
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!