A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ”Pajamas Harvey”) trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like – well, like a buncha metal-loving dudes messing around in a studio. But leader (and Queens of the Stone Age main man) Josh Homme keeps pretty clever company for a metal-loving dude, and while this is more song-oriented than past stoner-rock Sessions, Harvey’s snake-moan cameos elevate even tossed-off numbers. TAKE THE SKINHEAD BOWLING Queens completists should check bassist Nick Oliveri’s Mondo Generator, whose ”A Drug Problem That Never Existed” (Ipecac) is a slightly more deranged side project.
Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...2003-10-17
Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Ipecac
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!