A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ”Pajamas Harvey”) trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like – well, like a buncha metal-loving dudes messing around in a studio. But leader (and Queens of the Stone Age main man) Josh Homme keeps pretty clever company for a metal-loving dude, and while this is more song-oriented than past stoner-rock Sessions, Harvey’s snake-moan cameos elevate even tossed-off numbers. TAKE THE SKINHEAD BOWLING Queens completists should check bassist Nick Oliveri’s Mondo Generator, whose ”A Drug Problem That Never Existed” (Ipecac) is a slightly more deranged side project.
Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...2003-10-17
Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Ipecac
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!