A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ”Pajamas Harvey”) trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like – well, like a buncha metal-loving dudes messing around in a studio. But leader (and Queens of the Stone Age main man) Josh Homme keeps pretty clever company for a metal-loving dude, and while this is more song-oriented than past stoner-rock Sessions, Harvey’s snake-moan cameos elevate even tossed-off numbers. TAKE THE SKINHEAD BOWLING Queens completists should check bassist Nick Oliveri’s Mondo Generator, whose ”A Drug Problem That Never Existed” (Ipecac) is a slightly more deranged side project.
Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...Desert Sessions 9 & 10 A buncha metal-loving dudes (plus some girl named ''Pajamas Harvey'') trek to the Mojave Desert to mess around in a studio and the result sounds like ...2003-10-17
Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Ipecac
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!