Ah, ”the talk” – when Dad sits you down to say that as you get older, your voice will change, you’ll sprout weird hair, you’ll probably get superpowers. Puberty is different for everyone, but for Mark Grayson it involves flying into battle against alien marauders with his superhero father. Played with touching deadpan humor by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Cory Walker, ”Invincible” is a charming antidote to the histrionics present in so many fights-and-tights books. And it’s got the strongest female character seen in many a moon: Mark’s stoic mom.
Invincible Ah, ''the talk'' -- when Dad sits you down to say that as you get older, your voice will change, you'll sprout weird hair, you'll probably get...InvincibleRobert Kirkman Ah, ''the talk'' -- when Dad sits you down to say that as you get older, your voice will change, you'll sprout weird hair, you'll probably get...2003-10-17
Author: Robert Kirkman
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...