Keane’s previous single, ”Everybody’s Changing,” united everyone from Dido to indie DJ Steve Lamacq in admiration. This giddy, piano-charged scarf waver can only broaden their appeal. The Battle trio favors keyboards over guitars and sounds like a-ha fronted by Thom Yorke on an oxygen binge. Throw in the melodic sensibilities of Coldplay, and it’s small wonder they were snapped up by Universal Records – despite having the sartorial sense of bedraggled antiques dealers.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- 'SuperMansion' Christmas special introduces a maniacal Jim Parsons
- Michelle Obama will bid farewell to White House in Oprah interview
- 'This Is Us' casts 'Walking Dead' alum in recurring role
- Heat rises in J.R. Ward's vampire romance 'Blood Vow' excerpt
- Evanescence's Amy Lee reveals stories behind the songs
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday