Keane’s previous single, ”Everybody’s Changing,” united everyone from Dido to indie DJ Steve Lamacq in admiration. This giddy, piano-charged scarf waver can only broaden their appeal. The Battle trio favors keyboards over guitars and sounds like a-ha fronted by Thom Yorke on an oxygen binge. Throw in the melodic sensibilities of Coldplay, and it’s small wonder they were snapped up by Universal Records – despite having the sartorial sense of bedraggled antiques dealers.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA! USA! 10 patriotic movies to watch over July 4 weekend
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally