Keane’s previous single, ”Everybody’s Changing,” united everyone from Dido to indie DJ Steve Lamacq in admiration. This giddy, piano-charged scarf waver can only broaden their appeal. The Battle trio favors keyboards over guitars and sounds like a-ha fronted by Thom Yorke on an oxygen binge. Throw in the melodic sensibilities of Coldplay, and it’s small wonder they were snapped up by Universal Records – despite having the sartorial sense of bedraggled antiques dealers.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Timeless': Showrunners reveal the adventure drama's origin
- Whoopi Goldberg grills Donald Trump's campaign manager
- 'Arrow' & 'The Flash' induct 'Supergirl' into Superhero Fight Club
- WATCH: Leslie Jones is looking for Zach Galifianakis in 'Masterminds' clip
- 'This Is Us' adds 'True Blood' vet Sam Trammell to cast
- Niall Horan 'won’t rule out' One Direction reunion
- Depp, Ridley, Pfeiffer join 'Murder on the Orient Express'