Keane’s previous single, ”Everybody’s Changing,” united everyone from Dido to indie DJ Steve Lamacq in admiration. This giddy, piano-charged scarf waver can only broaden their appeal. The Battle trio favors keyboards over guitars and sounds like a-ha fronted by Thom Yorke on an oxygen binge. Throw in the melodic sensibilities of Coldplay, and it’s small wonder they were snapped up by Universal Records – despite having the sartorial sense of bedraggled antiques dealers.
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies
- Adam Levine responds to sick teen's heartwarming Maroon 5 cover
- Tom Cruise addresses 'Top Gun 2' rumors: 'We're trying to figure it out'
- 'The Late Show': Stephen Colbert 'takes it to the streets' for interviews with New Yorkers
- Why David Lynch's 'Eraserhead' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Celebrities pay tribute to late stand-up comedian Kevin Meaney
- Donald Glover's 'Star Wars' casting sparks lively Internet reactions