”This One’s for the Girls” is one massive shout-out to country radio’s coveted female demographic. But then, every tune here is for the ladies: When an album’s opening tracks are titled ”So Magical,” ”She’s a Butterfly,” and ”City of Love,” it’s a sign you’ve stumbled on the year’s most Y-chromosome-repellent song cycle. Occasional breaks from the MOR treacle help, like ”Wearing White,” a bluegrassy reclaimed-virginity anthem, and ”How Far,” a big-lung marital-distress signal a la ”Where Would You Be.” As for the rest, give the girl props: You’ll never hear more beautifully sung sap.
Martina ''This One's for the Girls'' is one massive shout-out to country radio's coveted female demographic. But then, every tune here is for the ladies: When...Martina ''This One's for the Girls'' is one massive shout-out to country radio's coveted female demographic. But then, every tune here is for the ladies: When...2003-10-17
Lead Performer: Martina McBride; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!