Admitted: Pairing a young ruffian with an old crank is not snapping-new. But in The Wish List the tribulations of this duo – a dead girl and the geezer whose life she ruined – involve Beelzebub, Saint Peter, and spitting over the Cliffs of Moher. See, this troubled Irish lass, Meg Finn, nearly kills old Lowrie McCall in a bungled robbery, dies immediately after, and shoots into limbo. Her chance at heaven: She must ghost back and help McCall achieve his five before-I-die wishes – a task Beelzebub is eager to thwart. Like Eoin Colfer’s popular ”Artemis Fowl” series, ”Wish List” is funny, inventive, and sweet in spite of itself. Plus, lessons like ”Be nice to people” and ”Remember to have fun” are useful even for grown-ups.
The Wish ListAdmitted: Pairing a young ruffian with an old crank is not snapping-new. But in The Wish List the tribulations of this duo -- a dead girl and the...The Wish ListFictionEoin ColferAdmitted: Pairing a young ruffian with an old crank is not snapping-new. But in The Wish List the tribulations of this duo -- a dead girl and the...2003-10-17Talk/Miramax
Genre: Fiction; Author: Eoin Colfer; Publisher: Talk/Miramax
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Melissa McCarthy: 'Ghostbusters' trailer was ‘very confusing'
- Michelle Obama and Jill Biden woo 'The Voice' coaches
- Christina Aguilera's vocal MasterClass has officially arrived
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Truthwitch' sequel, 'Windwitch'
- J.R.R. Tolkien's annotated Middle-Earth map acquired by Oxford
- Milo Ventimiglia reveals his favorite 'Gilmore Girls' townie
- Amber Rose is getting her own talk show
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner