THE PERPETRATOR Sir Mix-A-Lot THE PROOF ”Iron Man” (from 1988’s ”Swass”) THE PLEA ”It was a redo of the Black Sabbath tune…absolutely horrible! I guess Run-DMC’s ‘Walk This Way’ got so big that I said I gotta do a rock tune like that… GOD! It was cheesy. I didn’t take the rock serious enough. I thought I could throw a guitar in there and all the white kids would be like, ‘Yeah!’ I totally underestimated the intelligence of my fans. You don’t touch classics. That was stupid, but I learned my lesson, I guarantee you that.”
Posted October 17 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'The Lego Movie' directors will pilot a Han Solo stand-alone movie
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!