Another month, another canceled Ben Affleck wedding. This one was fictional. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Disney is scrapping ”Ghosts of Girlfriends Past,” a romantic comedy starring Affleck that was to have gone before the cameras next month. Betty Thomas (”The Brady Bunch Movie”) was attached to direct Affleck as a man who attends a brother’s wedding, where he is literally haunted by spirits from past failed relationships. No word from Disney on why the studio pulled the plug, but in the wake of ”Gigli” and Affleck’s own aborted wedding to Jennifer Lopez, it may have decided that now is not the best time to make a Ben Affleck romantic comedy. Affleck has a pay-or-play deal, so he’ll still get his salary, but he’s now free to seek other suitors for the project among other studios. Meantime, he’ll try to prove his box office mettle again at Christmastime with the John Woo sci-fi thriller ”Paycheck.”
Posted October 23 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!