Another month, another canceled Ben Affleck wedding. This one was fictional. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Disney is scrapping ”Ghosts of Girlfriends Past,” a romantic comedy starring Affleck that was to have gone before the cameras next month. Betty Thomas (”The Brady Bunch Movie”) was attached to direct Affleck as a man who attends a brother’s wedding, where he is literally haunted by spirits from past failed relationships. No word from Disney on why the studio pulled the plug, but in the wake of ”Gigli” and Affleck’s own aborted wedding to Jennifer Lopez, it may have decided that now is not the best time to make a Ben Affleck romantic comedy. Affleck has a pay-or-play deal, so he’ll still get his salary, but he’s now free to seek other suitors for the project among other studios. Meantime, he’ll try to prove his box office mettle again at Christmastime with the John Woo sci-fi thriller ”Paycheck.”
Posted October 23 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Fear the Walking Dead': Strand & Liza meet in deleted scene
- 'iZombie' boss on that 'Minor' dog abandonment scene
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Meet Alison's future husband, Elliott Rollins
- See Ewan McGregor, Seal, and Gary Oldman perform David Bowie songs at tribute concert
- Mick Jagger helped Bobby Cannavale play a troubled exec on 'Vinyl'
- 10 most outrageous quotes from Mickey Rourke's Alec Baldwin interview
- Conan O'Brien mimics Cam Newton in 'Post-Joke Press Conference'