”I live in my own mind/Ain’t nothin’ but a good time,” Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ”In My Own Mind,” one of the 14 perfectly crafted tracks that make up ”My Baby Don’t Tolerate,” his first album of new recordings in seven years. Indeed, Lovett’s inner domicile has yielded witty Everyman vignettes and irresistible melodies in diverse tempos and styles (Western swing, R&B shuffles, jazzy balladeering, honky-tonk, country rock, even gospel). It all adds up to a Texas-size sonic feast – and that’s something we can all tolerate.
My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...2003-10-24
Lead Performer: Lyle Lovett; Producer (group): Curb, Lost Highway
Posted October 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- CBS cancels 'Extant,' developing new Halle Berry project
- Stephenie Meyer has no plans to release 'Midnight Sun' after E.L. James' 'Grey'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' had the highest rated first season in cable history
- New York Comic-Con: Clark Gregg teases 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' & 'Civil War' connection
- '33' featurette dives deep into the true story of the trapped Chilean miners
- Disney fast-tracks live-action Cruella de Vil movie from 'Fifty Shades' writer
- 6 must-listen John Lennon cuts in honor of what would've been his 75th birthday