”I live in my own mind/Ain’t nothin’ but a good time,” Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ”In My Own Mind,” one of the 14 perfectly crafted tracks that make up ”My Baby Don’t Tolerate,” his first album of new recordings in seven years. Indeed, Lovett’s inner domicile has yielded witty Everyman vignettes and irresistible melodies in diverse tempos and styles (Western swing, R&B shuffles, jazzy balladeering, honky-tonk, country rock, even gospel). It all adds up to a Texas-size sonic feast – and that’s something we can all tolerate.
My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...2003-10-24
Lead Performer: Lyle Lovett; Producer (group): Curb, Lost Highway
Posted October 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday