”I live in my own mind/Ain’t nothin’ but a good time,” Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ”In My Own Mind,” one of the 14 perfectly crafted tracks that make up ”My Baby Don’t Tolerate,” his first album of new recordings in seven years. Indeed, Lovett’s inner domicile has yielded witty Everyman vignettes and irresistible melodies in diverse tempos and styles (Western swing, R&B shuffles, jazzy balladeering, honky-tonk, country rock, even gospel). It all adds up to a Texas-size sonic feast – and that’s something we can all tolerate.
My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...2003-10-24
Lead Performer: Lyle Lovett; Producer (group): Curb, Lost Highway; Status: In Season
Posted October 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set