”I live in my own mind/Ain’t nothin’ but a good time,” Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ”In My Own Mind,” one of the 14 perfectly crafted tracks that make up ”My Baby Don’t Tolerate,” his first album of new recordings in seven years. Indeed, Lovett’s inner domicile has yielded witty Everyman vignettes and irresistible melodies in diverse tempos and styles (Western swing, R&B shuffles, jazzy balladeering, honky-tonk, country rock, even gospel). It all adds up to a Texas-size sonic feast – and that’s something we can all tolerate.
My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...My Baby Don't Tolerate ''I live in my own mind/Ain't nothin' but a good time,'' Lovett sings in his distinctive bluesy tenor on ''In My Own Mind,'' one of the 14 perfectly...2003-10-24
Lead Performer: Lyle Lovett; Producer (group): Curb, Lost Highway
Posted October 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A look back at the time 'Silence of the Lambs' won big at the Oscars
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll