”School of Rock” opened at No. 1. But don’t ask the 43-year-old pride of Austin, who made the indie faves ”Slacker” and ”Dazed and Confused,” to parse grosses. ”The horse race, leave me out of it,” says Linklater, whose to-do list remains quirky. In September, he wrapped a sequel to his 1995 romantic duologue, ”Before Sunrise,” reuniting Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. ”It’s probably more of an art film than the first one,” says Linklater. He has also shot the first segment of a drama that will follow a kid from first grade to 12th (to be filmed over 12 years), and wants to adapt Philip K. Dick’s paranoid drug fantasia ”A Scanner Darkly.” ”The best thing in Hollywood,” he explains, ”is to be on that list where people don’t get fired for letting you make a film.” – Steve Daly
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!