If you’ve never read evangelical minister LaHaye’s best-selling ”Left Behind” series of Christian apocalyptic thrillers, you can get in on the ground floor of this vivid, fast-paced, and ludicrous fictional endeavor (with a new coauthor). Volume 1 introduces archaeology prof Michael Murphy, a hard-praying, happily married Indiana Jones who jets around the globe dodging bullets, wrestling lions, and converting an Arab sheik in his search for evidence that biblical events really happened. While seeking a bronze serpent purportedly destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar circa 600 B.C., he is tailed by a goon called Talon who slits throats with an exceedingly sharp fingernail. Worse, Talon is orchestrating a vast heathen conspiracy to discredit evangelical Christians. Unless you’re a true believer in the genre, read at your own risk.
Babylon Rising If you've never read evangelical minister LaHaye's best-selling ''Left Behind'' series of Christian apocalyptic thrillers, you can get in on the...Babylon RisingMystery and ThrillerGreg Dinallo, Tim LaHaye If you've never read evangelical minister LaHaye's best-selling ''Left Behind'' series of Christian apocalyptic thrillers, you can get in on the...2003-10-31Bantam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Greg Dinallo, Tim LaHaye; Publisher: Bantam
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!