When he sings ”Everybody needs a shirt,” Ron Fountenberry could just be waxing ironic or edgy in a ”Vice” magazine-reading hipster kind of way. After all, he did recruit proto-smirker Beck’s drummer Joey Waronker to produce BECOME THE SOFT LIGHTES (Ultimatum), the second full-length by his band THE INCREDIBLE MOSES LEROY. And Miho Hatori, ever the fallback vocalist of snarky fringer Dan the Automator, does make a guest appearance. But if Fountenberry is funning, you can’t tell from the wistful, unadorned way in which he pines over past loves. In fact, there isn’t a single discernible crack in Fountenberry’s precious poker face, even as he croons sugary sentiments such as ”It’s like starry warm nights, kittens with mittens.” What’s more, like fellow mellow singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche, he makes this sweet pap palatable with subtle keys and acoustics, and enough uptempo drum-machine action to keep your head nodding even as your teeth are rotting.
Become the Soft Lightes When he sings ''Everybody needs a shirt,'' Ron Fountenberry could just be waxing ironic or edgy in a ''Vice'' magazine-reading hipster kind of way....Become the Soft LightesRock When he sings ''Everybody needs a shirt,'' Ron Fountenberry could just be waxing ironic or edgy in a ''Vice'' magazine-reading hipster kind of way....2003-10-31
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Ultimatum
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!