Director Spike Jonze has helmed award-winning head trips like ”Being John Malkovich” and ”Adaptation.” But while filming a video for former Pharcyde MC Fatlip in 1999, Jonze’s own mind was blown when the hip-hop has-been spoke candidly about once having had oral sex with a transvestite. Jonze captured the confession on a 31-minute documentary for his ”Directors Label” DVD. He tells EW: ”The whole idea for that video was ‘I’ll come over every morning, and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do that day.’ So for a week I’d go to his house with my video camera and we’d talk. It was intense. I could not believe how open and introspective he was about his life – to be able to be so honest about that kind of thing happening to you. It came out of me being a fan and thinking, ‘I should just keep the camera rolling.”’ – ND
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch