Director Spike Jonze has helmed award-winning head trips like ”Being John Malkovich” and ”Adaptation.” But while filming a video for former Pharcyde MC Fatlip in 1999, Jonze’s own mind was blown when the hip-hop has-been spoke candidly about once having had oral sex with a transvestite. Jonze captured the confession on a 31-minute documentary for his ”Directors Label” DVD. He tells EW: ”The whole idea for that video was ‘I’ll come over every morning, and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do that day.’ So for a week I’d go to his house with my video camera and we’d talk. It was intense. I could not believe how open and introspective he was about his life – to be able to be so honest about that kind of thing happening to you. It came out of me being a fan and thinking, ‘I should just keep the camera rolling.”’ – ND
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the Disney Channel tale about junior villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!