Director Spike Jonze has helmed award-winning head trips like ”Being John Malkovich” and ”Adaptation.” But while filming a video for former Pharcyde MC Fatlip in 1999, Jonze’s own mind was blown when the hip-hop has-been spoke candidly about once having had oral sex with a transvestite. Jonze captured the confession on a 31-minute documentary for his ”Directors Label” DVD. He tells EW: ”The whole idea for that video was ‘I’ll come over every morning, and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do that day.’ So for a week I’d go to his house with my video camera and we’d talk. It was intense. I could not believe how open and introspective he was about his life – to be able to be so honest about that kind of thing happening to you. It came out of me being a fan and thinking, ‘I should just keep the camera rolling.”’ – ND
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters