Director Spike Jonze has helmed award-winning head trips like ”Being John Malkovich” and ”Adaptation.” But while filming a video for former Pharcyde MC Fatlip in 1999, Jonze’s own mind was blown when the hip-hop has-been spoke candidly about once having had oral sex with a transvestite. Jonze captured the confession on a 31-minute documentary for his ”Directors Label” DVD. He tells EW: ”The whole idea for that video was ‘I’ll come over every morning, and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do that day.’ So for a week I’d go to his house with my video camera and we’d talk. It was intense. I could not believe how open and introspective he was about his life – to be able to be so honest about that kind of thing happening to you. It came out of me being a fan and thinking, ‘I should just keep the camera rolling.”’ – ND
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?