Director Spike Jonze has helmed award-winning head trips like ”Being John Malkovich” and ”Adaptation.” But while filming a video for former Pharcyde MC Fatlip in 1999, Jonze’s own mind was blown when the hip-hop has-been spoke candidly about once having had oral sex with a transvestite. Jonze captured the confession on a 31-minute documentary for his ”Directors Label” DVD. He tells EW: ”The whole idea for that video was ‘I’ll come over every morning, and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do that day.’ So for a week I’d go to his house with my video camera and we’d talk. It was intense. I could not believe how open and introspective he was about his life – to be able to be so honest about that kind of thing happening to you. It came out of me being a fan and thinking, ‘I should just keep the camera rolling.”’ – ND
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'
- In this week's EW: 'Unbreakable' — An Oral History
- 'Empire' recurring role for Marisa Tomei
- What movie should you see this Fourth of July weekend?
- This is the best rom-com for people who don't like rom-coms
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' and 'Fargo' trading cards for Comic-Con: First Look