Michael K., a new 22,000-square-foot boutique in NYC’s SoHo, combines a nightclub feel – a DJ, lights, and 150-plus plasma TVs – with trendy stock that has lured stylish celebs, including Thalia and OutKast’s Big Boi. But according to buyer Susan Boyle, the real star is Latin designer Francisco Bellot’s sneaker-inspired Alaluna purse, which sold out in a matter of days. ”It’s just a fun bag that’s really nice-looking, but you could throw it on the floor without worrying.” Try doing that with your Murakami.
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch the exclusive teaser for 'Documentary Now!'
- Ice Cube to bring hip-hop 'Hollywood Squares' to VH1
- Mila Kunis bought her $90 wedding band on Etsy
- Director Edgar Wright shares his 1,000 favorite films
- Pink Floyd announce massive 27-disc collection covering 1965 to 1972
- MTV classics 'Laguna Beach,' 'Daria,' and more coming back to cable
- M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?