Michael K., a new 22,000-square-foot boutique in NYC’s SoHo, combines a nightclub feel – a DJ, lights, and 150-plus plasma TVs – with trendy stock that has lured stylish celebs, including Thalia and OutKast’s Big Boi. But according to buyer Susan Boyle, the real star is Latin designer Francisco Bellot’s sneaker-inspired Alaluna purse, which sold out in a matter of days. ”It’s just a fun bag that’s really nice-looking, but you could throw it on the floor without worrying.” Try doing that with your Murakami.
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!