An effective, barreling bamboozle of a legal thriller, based on the John Grisham novel, about jury tampering in a case against a firearms company, with powerful, big-gun performances by Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: John Cusack, Gene Hackman, Dustin Hoffman, Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Beals, Bruce McGill, Jeremy Piven, Nick Searcy; Director: Gary Fleder; Author: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Release Date Wide: 10/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 128; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum