An effective, barreling bamboozle of a legal thriller, based on the John Grisham novel, about jury tampering in a case against a firearms company, with powerful, big-gun performances by Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: John Cusack, Gene Hackman, Dustin Hoffman, Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Beals, Bruce McGill, Jeremy Piven, Nick Searcy; Director: Gary Fleder; Author: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Release Date Wide: 10/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 128; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!