Everybody from George Clooney to Julia Roberts is on the list. Only this isn’t an invite to some celeb fete, it’s the NRA’s roll call of ”anti-gun” personalities. The scroll of ”celebrities and national figures [who] have lent their name and notoriety to anti-gun causes” was posted in June on the website of the NRA’s lobbying group, the Institute for Legislative Action. Among the hundreds on it are Oprah Winfrey, Spike Lee, Britney Spears, and Matt Damon. The list has recently been getting more attention since it was picked up, posted, and publicized by a site with a very different agenda, StoptheNRA.com. If you want to be like Mike (Douglas), StoptheNRA.com invites you to sign its own petition. ”It’s not about being anti-gun, it’s about being pro-gun safety and anti-gun violence,” says the site’s spokesman Joe DePlasco. Sure, but the fact that the list has more stars than an Oscar party certainly doesn’t hurt. The NRA did not return calls for comment.
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!