Everybody from George Clooney to Julia Roberts is on the list. Only this isn’t an invite to some celeb fete, it’s the NRA’s roll call of ”anti-gun” personalities. The scroll of ”celebrities and national figures [who] have lent their name and notoriety to anti-gun causes” was posted in June on the website of the NRA’s lobbying group, the Institute for Legislative Action. Among the hundreds on it are Oprah Winfrey, Spike Lee, Britney Spears, and Matt Damon. The list has recently been getting more attention since it was picked up, posted, and publicized by a site with a very different agenda, StoptheNRA.com. If you want to be like Mike (Douglas), StoptheNRA.com invites you to sign its own petition. ”It’s not about being anti-gun, it’s about being pro-gun safety and anti-gun violence,” says the site’s spokesman Joe DePlasco. Sure, but the fact that the list has more stars than an Oscar party certainly doesn’t hurt. The NRA did not return calls for comment.
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!