The skies are the limit for Steven Spielberg’s ”Taken”, a 15-hour miniseries (oxymoron alert!) about extraterrestrial abductions. While the story, spanning four generations, is ambitious, the episodes themselves are uneven: chilling one hour, borderline cheesy the next. Still, in managing to cover so much ground so meticulously, the sci-fi saga is an example of a whole being greater than the sum of its parts. EXTRAS The making-of features are solid if not stunning, with cast and crew discussing both the creative process and their feelings about little gray men. But you mean to tell me they couldn’t squeeze one measly deleted scene out of a 15-hour epic? And none of the 10 directors could record a single commentary? What’s the conspiracy theory behind those blunders?
Steven Spielberg presents TakenThe skies are the limit for Steven Spielberg's ''Taken'', a 15-hour miniseries (oxymoron alert!) about extraterrestrial abductions. While the story...Steven Spielberg presents Taken12/02/2002The skies are the limit for Steven Spielberg's ''Taken'', a 15-hour miniseries (oxymoron alert!) about extraterrestrial abductions. While the story...2003-10-31SyFy Channel
Starring: Julie Benz, Steve Burton, Joel Gretsch; Series Premiere: 12/02/2002; Series Finale: 12/13/2002; Status: In Season; Distributor: SyFy Channel
Posted October 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!