Susanna Moore’s novella has, in essence, become a dreadfully inert late-night cable movie – it’s Forbidden Sins inflated into a ”myth” of victim feminism. Meg Ryan radiates neither desire nor terror.
Genre: Erotic, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Meg Ryan, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Jason Leigh; Director: Jane Campion; Author: Jane Campion; Producer (person): Nicole Kidman; Release Date Wide: 10/31/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'