Gus Van Sant’s maddeningly passive ode to high school innocence and all-American, Columbine-era, inexplicable evil, in which visual beauty competes with psychological vacuity. Vacuity (and teen-flick carnage in the classroom) wins out.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Timothy Bottoms, Matt Malloy, Alex Frost, John Robinson; Director: Gus Van Sant; Author: Gus Van Sant; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 81; Distributor: Fine Line Features
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum