Gus Van Sant’s maddeningly passive ode to high school innocence and all-American, Columbine-era, inexplicable evil, in which visual beauty competes with psychological vacuity. Vacuity (and teen-flick carnage in the classroom) wins out.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Timothy Bottoms, Matt Malloy, Alex Frost, John Robinson; Director: Gus Van Sant; Author: Gus Van Sant; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 81; Distributor: Fine Line Features
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- 'Room 237' team launches Kickstarter campaign for mysterious new project
- Nathan Fillion shares his love letter to 'Walking Dead'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!