Gus Van Sant’s maddeningly passive ode to high school innocence and all-American, Columbine-era, inexplicable evil, in which visual beauty competes with psychological vacuity. Vacuity (and teen-flick carnage in the classroom) wins out.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Timothy Bottoms, Matt Malloy, Alex Frost, John Robinson; Director: Gus Van Sant; Author: Gus Van Sant; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 81; Distributor: Fine Line Features
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kendrick Lamar hits back at Geraldo Rivera after BET Awards criticism
- Meghan Trainor postpones two shows because of vocal cord hemorrhage
- USA! USA! 10 patriotic movies to watch over July 4 weekend
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'