DeGeneres is in top form with her second collection of kooky observations, whether imagining an encounter with God (”Please join me for fondue and Chablis…. No need to RSVP. I’ll know if you’re coming”) or kvetching about everyday annoyances (”Ranch dressing is always ordered ‘on the side.’ It’s the mistress of salad dressings…. Stop treating her like a whore”). A lot of this material – perhaps too much – appeared in last summer’s HBO special ”Here and Now.” And for all their hilarity, her wisecracks never quite kill in print; they’re missing her pitch-perfect cadence. Still, her strongest assets – a hard-won dignity and a softly skewed worldview – are on chuckle-inducing display throughout.
The Funny Thing Is... DeGeneres is in top form with her second collection of kooky observations, whether imagining an encounter with God (''Please join me for fondue and...The Funny Thing Is...Comic NovelsEllen DeGeneres DeGeneres is in top form with her second collection of kooky observations, whether imagining an encounter with God (''Please join me for fondue and...2003-11-07
Genre: Comic Novels; Author: Ellen DeGeneres
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!