DeGeneres is in top form with her second collection of kooky observations, whether imagining an encounter with God (”Please join me for fondue and Chablis…. No need to RSVP. I’ll know if you’re coming”) or kvetching about everyday annoyances (”Ranch dressing is always ordered ‘on the side.’ It’s the mistress of salad dressings…. Stop treating her like a whore”). A lot of this material – perhaps too much – appeared in last summer’s HBO special ”Here and Now.” And for all their hilarity, her wisecracks never quite kill in print; they’re missing her pitch-perfect cadence. Still, her strongest assets – a hard-won dignity and a softly skewed worldview – are on chuckle-inducing display throughout.
The Funny Thing Is... DeGeneres is in top form with her second collection of kooky observations, whether imagining an encounter with God (''Please join me for fondue and...The Funny Thing Is...Comic NovelsEllen DeGeneres DeGeneres is in top form with her second collection of kooky observations, whether imagining an encounter with God (''Please join me for fondue and...2003-11-07
Genre: Comic Novels; Author: Ellen DeGeneres
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Miguel faces lawsuit from victim of his failed Billboard Music Awards leap
- Syfy and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television developing 'Brave New World' series
- 'Nick Arcade' creators reunite for new game show on Kickstarter
- 'Criminal Minds' finale sneak peek: Will the BAU find Kate's daughter?
- 'Once Upon a Time' finale first look: Who's going to die?
- Chipotle essay contest for students lets winners get published -- on Chipotle cups
- Mariah Carey to perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!