These two tributes rely on conceptual gimmickry – the Louvins’ homage is strictly duets; Dolly’s, just womenfolk – with mutually sterling results. Teaming legends ranging from James Taylor to the late Johnny Cash, brotherly ”Lovin”’ is a harmonic feast, even if spotlighting 32 lead vocals on 16 shortish tracks eventually makes the album feel like one big all-star medley. Parton’s even-better paean runs the Shania-to-Sinead gamut, with only Melissa Etheridge’s painful ”I Will Always Love You” misfiring. The ”Woman”liness commences with Alison Krauss making ”9 to 5” into startlingly funky bluegrass and ends with Meshell Ndegeocello turning ”Two Doors Down” into actual funk.
Just Because I'm a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton These two tributes rely on conceptual gimmickry -- the Louvins' homage is strictly duets; Dolly's, just womenfolk -- with mutually sterling results....Just Because I'm a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton These two tributes rely on conceptual gimmickry -- the Louvins' homage is strictly duets; Dolly's, just womenfolk -- with mutually sterling results....2003-11-07
Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Sugar Hill
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!