These two tributes rely on conceptual gimmickry – the Louvins’ homage is strictly duets; Dolly’s, just womenfolk – with mutually sterling results. Teaming legends ranging from James Taylor to the late Johnny Cash, brotherly ”Lovin”’ is a harmonic feast, even if spotlighting 32 lead vocals on 16 shortish tracks eventually makes the album feel like one big all-star medley. Parton’s even-better paean runs the Shania-to-Sinead gamut, with only Melissa Etheridge’s painful ”I Will Always Love You” misfiring. The ”Woman”liness commences with Alison Krauss making ”9 to 5” into startlingly funky bluegrass and ends with Meshell Ndegeocello turning ”Two Doors Down” into actual funk.
Just Because I'm a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton These two tributes rely on conceptual gimmickry -- the Louvins' homage is strictly duets; Dolly's, just womenfolk -- with mutually sterling results....Just Because I'm a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton These two tributes rely on conceptual gimmickry -- the Louvins' homage is strictly duets; Dolly's, just womenfolk -- with mutually sterling results....2003-11-07
Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Sugar Hill
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'