Jack Elam, who died at 82 on Oct. 20, specialized in an ornery cussedness. A blinded eye (pencil, carelessness) gave his portrayals of mean cowboys in countless Westerns from the ’50s onward a unique squint of madness.
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23
- Nobel academy member calls Bob Dylan 'impolite and arrogant'