Jack Elam, who died at 82 on Oct. 20, specialized in an ornery cussedness. A blinded eye (pencil, carelessness) gave his portrayals of mean cowboys in countless Westerns from the ’50s onward a unique squint of madness.
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Donald Trump's Dwyane Wade tweet slammed
- 'The Dark Knight' video essay explores Heath Ledger's Joker
- Daisy Ridley says next 'Star Wars' title won't be revealed for a while
- Emily Blunt shares Julie Andrews' reaction to her Mary Poppins casting
- Kevin Smith recalls awkward text exchange with daughter
- ‘The Goldbergs’ enlists ‘The Office’ alum for ‘Brady Bunch’ episode
- Britney Spears says Carpool Karaoke was 'fun,' 'awkward'