Jack Elam, who died at 82 on Oct. 20, specialized in an ornery cussedness. A blinded eye (pencil, carelessness) gave his portrayals of mean cowboys in countless Westerns from the ’50s onward a unique squint of madness.
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'