Fred Berry, 52, was never far from Rerun, the dancing high school fool he played on 1976-79’s What’s Happening!! In fact, the actor legally changed his middle name to Rerun in 1988 and still wore his trademark beret and suspenders. Berry, who died of natural causes Oct. 21 in L.A., last appeared in Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star and on NBC’s Scrubs. Says fiancee Ruby Blackwell, ”I’ll miss his godly spirit, his humor and personality.”
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!