Fred Berry, 52, was never far from Rerun, the dancing high school fool he played on 1976-79’s What’s Happening!! In fact, the actor legally changed his middle name to Rerun in 1988 and still wore his trademark beret and suspenders. Berry, who died of natural causes Oct. 21 in L.A., last appeared in Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star and on NBC’s Scrubs. Says fiancee Ruby Blackwell, ”I’ll miss his godly spirit, his humor and personality.”
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Patrick Stewart does more cocaine, hires hooker in latest Blunt Talk trailer
- Wrestler 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dies at 61
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!