Fred Berry, 52, was never far from Rerun, the dancing high school fool he played on 1976-79’s What’s Happening!! In fact, the actor legally changed his middle name to Rerun in 1988 and still wore his trademark beret and suspenders. Berry, who died of natural causes Oct. 21 in L.A., last appeared in Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star and on NBC’s Scrubs. Says fiancee Ruby Blackwell, ”I’ll miss his godly spirit, his humor and personality.”
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See exclusive preview pages from Z2 Comics' 'Carver: A Paris Adventure'
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 'Survivor Talk': Stephen and Ciera critique each other's games
- New honest trailer points out how 'Minions' is kind of like 'Joey'
- Digital stars call for YouTube to delete Sam Pepper's channel
- Fox responds to reports of bear rape in 'The Revenant'