This semi-soundtrack to the Katie Holmes flick is an odd mishmash. Half the tunes are familiar fare taken from the best-known albums by Stephin Merritt’s bands Magnetic Fields and the 6ths. There’s also one unremarkable new Merritt tune written for the movie. Inexplicably, the disc also includes four brand-new Magnetic Fields tracks – the first in four years – that don’t appear anywhere in the movie. It’s these that will really interest fans, but while they have their charms, none can match the playfully sophisticated melodies and sad-sack wit of 1999’s wonderful ”69 Love Songs.”
Pieces of April This semi-soundtrack to the Katie Holmes flick is an odd mishmash. Half the tunes are familiar fare taken from the best-known albums by Stephin...Pieces of AprilSoundtracks This semi-soundtrack to the Katie Holmes flick is an odd mishmash. Half the tunes are familiar fare taken from the best-known albums by Stephin...2003-11-07
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Stephin Merritt; Producer (group): Nonesuch
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Janet Jackson reveals release date and track list for 'Unbreakable'
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after VMAs performance
- 'Survivor' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!