Wagner has the odd but marvelous ability to be resolutely kind and unsparingly cutting at the same time, a contradiction played out hilariously in the final novel in the Hollywood-set trilogy that includes ”I’ll Let You Go” and ”I’m Losing You.” The title is a playful double entendre that echoes its predecessors and refers to the Buddhist notion of striving for unattachment; here, the practicing Buddhist – both earnest and ridiculous – is movie star Kit Lightfoot, a George Clooney kind of dude who suffers brain damage after a devastating accident. Interwoven with Kit’s story are those of Lisanne, a bonkers Tinseltown groupie, and Becca, a struggling (and none too sane) actress getting by as a Drew Barrymore look-alike. While celebrities from Marisa Tomei to Robert Thurman (a Buddhist prof and papa to Uma) float through, in the end, Wagner’s own characters are the real attention grabbers.
Still Holding Wagner has the odd but marvelous ability to be resolutely kind and unsparingly cutting at the same time, a contradiction played out hilariously in the...Still HoldingFictionBruce Wagner Wagner has the odd but marvelous ability to be resolutely kind and unsparingly cutting at the same time, a contradiction played out hilariously in the...2003-11-07
Genre: Fiction; Author: Bruce Wagner
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!