Agnes Bruckner has a knack for playing tortured teens. This time around, the 18-year-old star of last summer’s acclaimed indie ”Blue Car” trades tears for fears to play Heather Fasulo in ”The Woods,” due next fall. ”It’s a psychological horror film,” says Bruckner, with ”a lot of schoolgirls and an ax. It’s very gory.” Guided by Patricia Clarkson (”The Station Agent”), who plays the headmistress of an all-girls school in the spooky sticks, Bruckner uses her telepathic gifts to determine who’s killing off her classmates. ”There’s running and screaming, falling and axing – a lot of fun.” The psychological part? ”Sometimes you watch a horror movie and the first five minutes, someone gets killed and you don’t even know the character. That’s definitely not this movie. You really get to know these characters, so once something does happen, you actually feel for them.” Plus, she adds, ”the acting is a lot, you know, better.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!