Agnes Bruckner has a knack for playing tortured teens. This time around, the 18-year-old star of last summer’s acclaimed indie ”Blue Car” trades tears for fears to play Heather Fasulo in ”The Woods,” due next fall. ”It’s a psychological horror film,” says Bruckner, with ”a lot of schoolgirls and an ax. It’s very gory.” Guided by Patricia Clarkson (”The Station Agent”), who plays the headmistress of an all-girls school in the spooky sticks, Bruckner uses her telepathic gifts to determine who’s killing off her classmates. ”There’s running and screaming, falling and axing – a lot of fun.” The psychological part? ”Sometimes you watch a horror movie and the first five minutes, someone gets killed and you don’t even know the character. That’s definitely not this movie. You really get to know these characters, so once something does happen, you actually feel for them.” Plus, she adds, ”the acting is a lot, you know, better.”
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!