Agnes Bruckner has a knack for playing tortured teens. This time around, the 18-year-old star of last summer’s acclaimed indie ”Blue Car” trades tears for fears to play Heather Fasulo in ”The Woods,” due next fall. ”It’s a psychological horror film,” says Bruckner, with ”a lot of schoolgirls and an ax. It’s very gory.” Guided by Patricia Clarkson (”The Station Agent”), who plays the headmistress of an all-girls school in the spooky sticks, Bruckner uses her telepathic gifts to determine who’s killing off her classmates. ”There’s running and screaming, falling and axing – a lot of fun.” The psychological part? ”Sometimes you watch a horror movie and the first five minutes, someone gets killed and you don’t even know the character. That’s definitely not this movie. You really get to know these characters, so once something does happen, you actually feel for them.” Plus, she adds, ”the acting is a lot, you know, better.”
Posted November 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!