Ignore the agitprop song titles (”Civil Disobedience”) on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what’s important: ”Beats as Politics” is a damn convincing blueprint for the next generation of trip-hop. Mixing the spaciousness of dub, the neck-snapping drums of hip-hop, and the experimental tweaks of techno, Poirier creates moody tracks that hover between the immediacy of consciousness and the murkiness of sleep.
Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...2003-11-14
Lead Performer: Ghislain Poirier; Producer (group): Chocolate Industries
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Gallant drops a rain-streaked video for his next-level slow jam 'Open Up': Exclusive
- 'Walking Dead': Gale Anne Hurd on season finale
- Pusha T, Tinie Tempah, and Beorn from 'The Hobbit' star in the video for iSHi's 'Push It' remix: Exclusive
- Exclusive: Kat Dahlia finds a sweetheart in "I Think I'm In Love" video
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!