Ignore the agitprop song titles (”Civil Disobedience”) on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what’s important: ”Beats as Politics” is a damn convincing blueprint for the next generation of trip-hop. Mixing the spaciousness of dub, the neck-snapping drums of hip-hop, and the experimental tweaks of techno, Poirier creates moody tracks that hover between the immediacy of consciousness and the murkiness of sleep.
Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...2003-11-14
Lead Performer: Ghislain Poirier; Producer (group): Chocolate Industries
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal' actor Tony Goldwyn thinks Fitz should get on Tinder
- 'Price is Right' specials to host contestants from 'Big Brother,' 'Survivor'
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996