Ignore the agitprop song titles (”Civil Disobedience”) on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what’s important: ”Beats as Politics” is a damn convincing blueprint for the next generation of trip-hop. Mixing the spaciousness of dub, the neck-snapping drums of hip-hop, and the experimental tweaks of techno, Poirier creates moody tracks that hover between the immediacy of consciousness and the murkiness of sleep.
Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...2003-11-14
Lead Performer: Ghislain Poirier; Producer (group): Chocolate Industries
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans