Ignore the agitprop song titles (”Civil Disobedience”) on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what’s important: ”Beats as Politics” is a damn convincing blueprint for the next generation of trip-hop. Mixing the spaciousness of dub, the neck-snapping drums of hip-hop, and the experimental tweaks of techno, Poirier creates moody tracks that hover between the immediacy of consciousness and the murkiness of sleep.
Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...Beats as Politics Ignore the agitprop song titles (''Civil Disobedience'') on the U.S. debut by Montreal producer Poirier and focus on what's important: ''Beats as...2003-11-14
Lead Performer: Ghislain Poirier; Producer (group): Chocolate Industries
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- 'Hollywood Teen Medium' is an actual new TV show
- Gregg Sulkin brings all the boys to his yard on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Protestors chant Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ in support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Ask the Critic: Overlooked 2015 gems and the movies I wish I could review again
- Trevor Noah reveals Daily Show changes (including less Fox News focus)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!