In his hilarious debut, Tarte – a city boy at heart – chronicles how his blissful, animal-free life took an unexpectedly raucous turn when his nature-loving wife decided to share their spacious early-20th-century Michigan farmhouse with a menagerie of furry and feathery friends: a malicious bunny with an appetite for live wires, a homicidal turkey, a horny ring-necked dove, a trash-talking African grey parrot, and more than a dozen other quirky creatures. Though each new animal is wackier and more demanding than the last, Tarte rebels against his urban instincts and learns to love his personal zoo. After reading this delightfully punchy account, you may never look at Fido the same way again.
Enslaved By Ducks In his hilarious debut, Tarte -- a city boy at heart -- chronicles how his blissful, animal-free life took an unexpectedly raucous turn when his...Enslaved By DucksBob Tarte In his hilarious debut, Tarte -- a city boy at heart -- chronicles how his blissful, animal-free life took an unexpectedly raucous turn when his...2003-11-14
Author: Bob Tarte
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- Celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Rihanna's 'Music of the Sun' with 11 fun facts about the album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!