When will Eternal Sunshine see the light of day? The Charlie Kaufman-scripted dramedy, originally set for release in November, is now scheduled for March 19, 2004, according to a Focus Features rep. Why the holdup? It seems director Michel Gondry (Human Nature) is still tinkering with the film, which wrapped in March. In case you’re in the dark, Sunshine stars Jim Carrey as a loner so distraught over the breakup with his ex, Kate Winslet, that he pays experimental doctor Tom Wilkinson to erase the bad memories. (Winslet’s already had the procedure.) Things go awry and, of course, circus elephants are involved. A good sign: Even Carrey is curious. ”Shooting it was like guerrilla warfare,” he says. ”I have no idea what to expect.” Want a hint? Check out the trailer on lacunainc.com. – Nancy Miller
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- HBO orders Lena Dunham's 1960s feminism comedy pilot
- Hear Pharrell's remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Marlon James' 'A Brief History of Seven Killings' wins the 2015 Man Booker Prize
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' exclusive clip: Jeremy Lin + 'Pretty in Pink' = ?
- Selena Gomez picks her favorite Taylor Swift songs
- 'WarGames' rebooting as interactive video short
- Jennifer Grey on 'Dirty Dancing' lift: 'Never ask me to do it again'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6