When will Eternal Sunshine see the light of day? The Charlie Kaufman-scripted dramedy, originally set for release in November, is now scheduled for March 19, 2004, according to a Focus Features rep. Why the holdup? It seems director Michel Gondry (Human Nature) is still tinkering with the film, which wrapped in March. In case you’re in the dark, Sunshine stars Jim Carrey as a loner so distraught over the breakup with his ex, Kate Winslet, that he pays experimental doctor Tom Wilkinson to erase the bad memories. (Winslet’s already had the procedure.) Things go awry and, of course, circus elephants are involved. A good sign: Even Carrey is curious. ”Shooting it was like guerrilla warfare,” he says. ”I have no idea what to expect.” Want a hint? Check out the trailer on lacunainc.com. – Nancy Miller
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit