When will Eternal Sunshine see the light of day? The Charlie Kaufman-scripted dramedy, originally set for release in November, is now scheduled for March 19, 2004, according to a Focus Features rep. Why the holdup? It seems director Michel Gondry (Human Nature) is still tinkering with the film, which wrapped in March. In case you’re in the dark, Sunshine stars Jim Carrey as a loner so distraught over the breakup with his ex, Kate Winslet, that he pays experimental doctor Tom Wilkinson to erase the bad memories. (Winslet’s already had the procedure.) Things go awry and, of course, circus elephants are involved. A good sign: Even Carrey is curious. ”Shooting it was like guerrilla warfare,” he says. ”I have no idea what to expect.” Want a hint? Check out the trailer on lacunainc.com. – Nancy Miller
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen calls eviction 'ridiculous and dumb'; says Steve 'chickened out'
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' & more
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!