When will Eternal Sunshine see the light of day? The Charlie Kaufman-scripted dramedy, originally set for release in November, is now scheduled for March 19, 2004, according to a Focus Features rep. Why the holdup? It seems director Michel Gondry (Human Nature) is still tinkering with the film, which wrapped in March. In case you’re in the dark, Sunshine stars Jim Carrey as a loner so distraught over the breakup with his ex, Kate Winslet, that he pays experimental doctor Tom Wilkinson to erase the bad memories. (Winslet’s already had the procedure.) Things go awry and, of course, circus elephants are involved. A good sign: Even Carrey is curious. ”Shooting it was like guerrilla warfare,” he says. ”I have no idea what to expect.” Want a hint? Check out the trailer on lacunainc.com. – Nancy Miller
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...