At L.A.’s Spring 2004 Fashion Week (hosted by Mercedes-Benz and Smashbox Studios Oct. 26-31) designers’ inspiration seemed a touch more strip club than supper club. Lingerie was the focus of Jaime Pressly’s J’aime show, Nicole Richie flashed photogs at Joey and T, and Tommy Lee waved money at Ashley Paige’s scantily clad models. ”L.A. Fashion Week is different because it’s fun,” says Pressly. ”They take the stuffiness and the snootiness out of it.” Others were a bit taken aback by the raciness: ”I knew they weren’t going to get naked naked,” says J’aime attendee Gabrielle Union. ”But they revealed a lot more than I thought.” Perhaps the most over-the-top spectacle was at Jeremy Scott, which featured models like Paris Hilton cavorting on poles for an event titled ”Sexibition.” Luckily, other designers like Richard Tyler, Louis Verdad, and Jennifer Nicholson (yes, daughter of Jack) left some things to the imagination. ”It’s very classy, and it’s very sexy, without being hoochie,” says Jerry O’Connell, who took in Richard Tyler’s show. ”Hoochie is now a fashion term that I’ve coined, by the way.” (Additional reporting by Carrie Kravetz and Robin Tolkan)
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Robert Pattinson & Dane DeHaan recreate James Dean's famous photo
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down the Miley Cyrus/Nicki Minaj confrontation using emojis
- New Bond author says Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007
- Daniel Craig: My Bond is 'not as sexist and misogynistic' as past ones
- Simon Pegg shares behind-the-scenes 'Star Trek Beyond' outtakes
- How well can Demi Lovato & Roseanne Barr name that celebrity?
- 'Longmire' is back: See the season 4 trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!