When manly men like Samuel L. Jackson and George Clooney drop trou for kilts, NYC’s Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute takes note. And its new exhibition, ”Bravehearts: Men in Skirts,” which runs until February, doesn’t skirt the issues. ”It explores the changing ideals of masculinity,” says spokesperson Bernice Kwok-Gabel. Hopes participant designer Howie Nicholsby: ”One day men can choose between trousers and a [skirt]. Just like women.” But can they deal with panty lines?
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'