When manly men like Samuel L. Jackson and George Clooney drop trou for kilts, NYC’s Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute takes note. And its new exhibition, ”Bravehearts: Men in Skirts,” which runs until February, doesn’t skirt the issues. ”It explores the changing ideals of masculinity,” says spokesperson Bernice Kwok-Gabel. Hopes participant designer Howie Nicholsby: ”One day men can choose between trousers and a [skirt]. Just like women.” But can they deal with panty lines?
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Why Kate Winslet was nervous to meet the real Joanna Hoffman for 'Steve Jobs'
- See Taylor Swift and Charli XCX perform 'Boom Clap' in Toronto
- See 'The Night Before' stars spoof 'Big' in new clip
- Box office report: 'The Martian' lifts off with $55 million
- 'Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz' tour details revealed
- Visit the 'Miracle' town in new 'The Leftovers' season 2 teasers
- Taylor Swift inducts the entire world into her squad in 'SNL' sketch