We smell a commitmentphobe on ”The Bachelor” – and we’re not talking about serial smoocher Bob. One week, the announcer will describe the upcoming rose ceremony as ”the most dramatic yet,” only to declare a week later that the final minutes will offer ”the most shocking rose ceremony ever.” Who’s the dithery drama king writing this stuff, and why is he always using the same adjectives? Can’t he crack a thesaurus and declare it the most theatrical ceremony ever? The most operatic? Or histrionic? ”I don’t know what that means,” admits exec producer/culprit Mike Fleiss. ”I started doing that in the first season. It drives people crazy – I think they like being driven crazy. It’s always been dramatic or shocking. It’s meant to be a goof.” Which is why he has no plans to get serious when the last rose is handed out on Nov. 19. ”It may be shocking, it may be dramatic,” he says coyly. ”Maybe it’ll be the most shocking and dramatic.” That’s definitely the most annoying tease…ever! – Lynette Rice
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo