We smell a commitmentphobe on ”The Bachelor” – and we’re not talking about serial smoocher Bob. One week, the announcer will describe the upcoming rose ceremony as ”the most dramatic yet,” only to declare a week later that the final minutes will offer ”the most shocking rose ceremony ever.” Who’s the dithery drama king writing this stuff, and why is he always using the same adjectives? Can’t he crack a thesaurus and declare it the most theatrical ceremony ever? The most operatic? Or histrionic? ”I don’t know what that means,” admits exec producer/culprit Mike Fleiss. ”I started doing that in the first season. It drives people crazy – I think they like being driven crazy. It’s always been dramatic or shocking. It’s meant to be a goof.” Which is why he has no plans to get serious when the last rose is handed out on Nov. 19. ”It may be shocking, it may be dramatic,” he says coyly. ”Maybe it’ll be the most shocking and dramatic.” That’s definitely the most annoying tease…ever! – Lynette Rice
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle
sign on for Slash
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals
- 'Graceland' first look: Watch Johnny help Sid escape
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!