We smell a commitmentphobe on ”The Bachelor” – and we’re not talking about serial smoocher Bob. One week, the announcer will describe the upcoming rose ceremony as ”the most dramatic yet,” only to declare a week later that the final minutes will offer ”the most shocking rose ceremony ever.” Who’s the dithery drama king writing this stuff, and why is he always using the same adjectives? Can’t he crack a thesaurus and declare it the most theatrical ceremony ever? The most operatic? Or histrionic? ”I don’t know what that means,” admits exec producer/culprit Mike Fleiss. ”I started doing that in the first season. It drives people crazy – I think they like being driven crazy. It’s always been dramatic or shocking. It’s meant to be a goof.” Which is why he has no plans to get serious when the last rose is handed out on Nov. 19. ”It may be shocking, it may be dramatic,” he says coyly. ”Maybe it’ll be the most shocking and dramatic.” That’s definitely the most annoying tease…ever! – Lynette Rice
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Gilmore Girls' Fan Fest happening in town that inspired Stars Hollow
- Video Music Awards 2016: How well do you know the nominees?
- WATCH: Winter Soldier has shield envy in 'Civil War' deleted scene
- Naya Rivera reveals she had an abortion during 'Glee'
- Cher slams Donald Trump as 'f---ing idiot'
- CHVRCHES cover Calvin Harris & Rihanna's 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'Nashville' star eyes exit as premiere date confirmed
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...