We smell a commitmentphobe on ”The Bachelor” – and we’re not talking about serial smoocher Bob. One week, the announcer will describe the upcoming rose ceremony as ”the most dramatic yet,” only to declare a week later that the final minutes will offer ”the most shocking rose ceremony ever.” Who’s the dithery drama king writing this stuff, and why is he always using the same adjectives? Can’t he crack a thesaurus and declare it the most theatrical ceremony ever? The most operatic? Or histrionic? ”I don’t know what that means,” admits exec producer/culprit Mike Fleiss. ”I started doing that in the first season. It drives people crazy – I think they like being driven crazy. It’s always been dramatic or shocking. It’s meant to be a goof.” Which is why he has no plans to get serious when the last rose is handed out on Nov. 19. ”It may be shocking, it may be dramatic,” he says coyly. ”Maybe it’ll be the most shocking and dramatic.” That’s definitely the most annoying tease…ever! – Lynette Rice
Posted November 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!