Think the Trainman, Neo’s lanky transporter in The Matrix Revolutions, looks familiar? Bruce Spence also hauled Mel Gibson’s leather-britched bum as a pilot in both Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. ”I get recognized in the most inappropriate places, but it’s difficult for me to hide,” says the 6’ 6” Kiwi, who regularly appears on stage Down Under and voiced Chum, a shark in Finding Nemo. An avid gardener who claims he’s ”not highly ambitious,” Spence hasn’t gotten a call for the new Mad Max. But he’ll pop up in December as the prosthetic-covered Mouth of Sauron in The Return of the King and as a pirate in Peter Pan, and in ‘05 as an alien in Star Wars: Episode III.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!