Think the Trainman, Neo’s lanky transporter in The Matrix Revolutions, looks familiar? Bruce Spence also hauled Mel Gibson’s leather-britched bum as a pilot in both Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. ”I get recognized in the most inappropriate places, but it’s difficult for me to hide,” says the 6’ 6” Kiwi, who regularly appears on stage Down Under and voiced Chum, a shark in Finding Nemo. An avid gardener who claims he’s ”not highly ambitious,” Spence hasn’t gotten a call for the new Mad Max. But he’ll pop up in December as the prosthetic-covered Mouth of Sauron in The Return of the King and as a pirate in Peter Pan, and in ‘05 as an alien in Star Wars: Episode III.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade