Think the Trainman, Neo’s lanky transporter in The Matrix Revolutions, looks familiar? Bruce Spence also hauled Mel Gibson’s leather-britched bum as a pilot in both Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. ”I get recognized in the most inappropriate places, but it’s difficult for me to hide,” says the 6’ 6” Kiwi, who regularly appears on stage Down Under and voiced Chum, a shark in Finding Nemo. An avid gardener who claims he’s ”not highly ambitious,” Spence hasn’t gotten a call for the new Mad Max. But he’ll pop up in December as the prosthetic-covered Mouth of Sauron in The Return of the King and as a pirate in Peter Pan, and in ‘05 as an alien in Star Wars: Episode III.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Vin Diesel brought his daughter to the set of 'Fast 8'
- David Spade, John Mellencamp, Rosanna Arquette to guest on 'Roadies'
- 17 reasons ‘Ever After’ is the best Cinderella movie ever
- Critical Mass: What the critics are saying about 'Jason Bourne'
- The Chanels are back in new 'Scream Queens' season 2 teaser
- 'Jason Bourne': Killer details about that crazy first action sequence
- WATCH: Jeffrey Dean Morgan on his 'Walking Dead' swearing