Think the Trainman, Neo’s lanky transporter in The Matrix Revolutions, looks familiar? Bruce Spence also hauled Mel Gibson’s leather-britched bum as a pilot in both Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. ”I get recognized in the most inappropriate places, but it’s difficult for me to hide,” says the 6’ 6” Kiwi, who regularly appears on stage Down Under and voiced Chum, a shark in Finding Nemo. An avid gardener who claims he’s ”not highly ambitious,” Spence hasn’t gotten a call for the new Mad Max. But he’ll pop up in December as the prosthetic-covered Mouth of Sauron in The Return of the King and as a pirate in Peter Pan, and in ‘05 as an alien in Star Wars: Episode III.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Will & Grace' reunion mystery solved: Cast stars in video for Hillary
- Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber split after 11 years together
- Katy Perry says she'll vote naked for Hillary
- 'King Cobra' trailer features porn, intrigue, Garrett Clayton
- Clinton Trump debate: How many will watch?
- Zach Galifianakis calls Donald Trump 'mentally challenged'
- Garth Brooks earns historic RIAA achievement