Think the Trainman, Neo’s lanky transporter in The Matrix Revolutions, looks familiar? Bruce Spence also hauled Mel Gibson’s leather-britched bum as a pilot in both Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. ”I get recognized in the most inappropriate places, but it’s difficult for me to hide,” says the 6’ 6” Kiwi, who regularly appears on stage Down Under and voiced Chum, a shark in Finding Nemo. An avid gardener who claims he’s ”not highly ambitious,” Spence hasn’t gotten a call for the new Mad Max. But he’ll pop up in December as the prosthetic-covered Mouth of Sauron in The Return of the King and as a pirate in Peter Pan, and in ‘05 as an alien in Star Wars: Episode III.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!